Overseas Trip

I don't really want to turn this thread back into the crapfest it was a couple pages ago, but I gotta say, I hope we see some higher level competition in Spain than Creighton is seeing right now in Italy.

Men's Basketball Opens Italy Tour With 119-47 Win - gocreighton.com

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89381&SPID=69&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210256493&DB_OEM_ID=1000

If you watch the video in the article linked above you'll see what I mean.  Woof!

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think Creighton is going to be pretty decent this year.

Watch out for Khyri!

The more you post, the more you sound like a particular lawyer from Omaha. 

At least he isn't intentionally using poor grammar this go around.

I don't really want to turn this thread back into the crapfest it was a couple pages ago, but I gotta say, I hope we see some higher level competition in Spain than Creighton is seeing right now in Italy.

http://www.gocreighton.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=89381&SPID=69&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=210256493&DB_OEM_ID=1000

If you watch the video in the article linked above you'll see what I mean.  Woof!

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think Creighton is going to be pretty decent this year.

Norm, I see you too have bought into the "local" hype of the team.  Its just like every NU football fan thinking the 3rd string QB is going to be a stud because the paper had a feel good story about him.  

CU may, or may not be good.  But on paper, their recruiting was behind the rest of the Big East again this year.  A league they finished dead last in, and lost their (I believe 3 year starting PG).  Also lost arguably two of their better players down the stretch in Kreklow and Brooks.

Again, they may have a good year, but I just don't see them jumping that much this year.  They may hype up Watson and Huff, but Watson is going to be undersized in the Big East for a guard.  Kyri Thomas is the "most athletic" player ever, etc....

My guess is they will beat us in Omaha as they clearly have our # and I have no idea how this years NU team is going to fare with all the new faces.  

But it sounds to me like you are listening to all Jays fans and thinking that the 12th man on the roster has really improved and will be awesome this year and be that "defensive stopper, scorer, (fill in the blank))" that we haven't had in quite some time.

Then throw in the fact that they beat basically a HS team by 10,000 points on their trip and it really has them going.  

What a lot of fans (us NU fans included) always forget is that the rest of the league also improves.  After awhile you start to even believe "Hey, this years team really could be special."  But you forget that the rest of the league also has recruited talent (especially in the B10 and Big East) and their fans feel their team will be great.  Sometimes (especially on message boards) you are talking with other fans of your team and your team only and you really start to almost get this false sense of hope that you will be better than you think you will be.  

I've seen a few publications that still have CU at the bottom of the Big East.  Doesn't mean they end that way, but they also look at ALL the teams and don't hype each other up on a message board to make their team sound like its going to make a heck of a run.  

Nice post, bball23.  Actually, I haven't bought into any particular hype.  I just see what I see and call it like I see it.

I didn't say Creighton was going to be GREAT this year; I said they would be pretty decent.  And I won't get into any more detail about it here because I don't want to sidetrack the discussion any further than it already has been.

Norm, I see you too have bought into the "local" hype of the team.  

You never know if ol' Norm is catfishing you on that sort of stuff or not....I WAS SETTING YOU GUYS UP ALL ALONG AND YOU FELL FOR IT AGAIN!!!

My 2 takeaways from WHAT IS CRAYTON DOIN

1. We had better not have less video. If we're taking a trip to Spain and the majority of the tweets are about daring Molinari to seafood, I'm going to be pretty miffed. How about we Periscope or Snapchat some action?  COME ON HUSKER SOCIAL MEDIA.

2. Why was Carrot Top there? 

Well, apparently the competition isn't getting any tougher for Creighton in Italy.

Game 2:  http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=93391&a=1

The All-Stars of Rome have to be the "Monks," I'm sure of it. :)

Why doesn't 

Crayton play Omaha while both squads are in Italy, it would be far superior competition. And the two teams won't face each other in the regular season even though they're only separated by 5 miles. Probably "not allowed" by NC-two-face [AA}. ;)

The two Division 1 teams in Omaha don't play each other?

What's the story on that?

Omaha probably wants a return game with Crayton; and Crayton doesn't want to give 'em one. That's the most likely scenario of 'why' considering that Omaha will be opening up their $82M arena in a couple months.

[Omaha, Crayton & NU should have a holiday tournament and rotate games between the 3 venues.]

Well, apparently the competition isn't getting any tougher for Creighton in Italy.

Game 2:  http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=93391&a=1

Couldn't Craydone just pull 5 guys from whatever is the equivalent of the Rec Center on their campus and get better competition? 

Just play sweater vests and skins and save the money on a trip to Italy.

But the trip is the whole point!

Apparently, some coaches care more about playing basketball and others care more about team bonding.

I guess there is value in either.

'Get me a team we can kill and a team we can kill and a team we can kill' - McDermott

But the trip is the whole point!

Apparently, some coaches care more about playing basketball and others care more about team bonding.

I guess there is value in either.

'Get me a team we can kill and a team we can kill and a team we can kill' - McDermott

I also think he's using the term "team" here loosely dimes...   :)

Fire Groce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk