Overseas Trip

I believe practice for that trip begins next week, IIRC.

Thanks.  Not sure if media will be able to attend practices but it would be nice to get a few nuggets. 

I believe Crayton is doing an overseas trip, too; and the Omaha media has had a few practice reports.

I saw a few tweets...apparently their whole roster is now littered with all-americans and super human athletic freaks.  This will be the sixth straight season that "they've never had a roster" like this before.  Hopefully Miles will allow some of the LJS guys to watch...wouldn't mind a few updates on how the young guys look. 

Thanks. Not sure if media will be able to attend practices but it would be nice to get a few nuggets.

I believe Crayton is doing an overseas trip, too; and the Omaha media has had a few practice reports.

I saw a few tweets...apparently their whole roster is now littered with all-americans and super human athletic freaks. This will be the sixth straight season that "they've never had a roster" like this before. Hopefully Miles will allow some of the LJS guys to watch...wouldn't mind a few updates on how the young guys look.

Well, not to offend the rational sensibilities of this board, but... They do look pretty good.

Thanks. Not sure if media will be able to attend practices but it would be nice to get a few nuggets.

I saw a few tweets...apparently their whole roster is now littered with all-americans and super human athletic freaks. This will be the sixth straight season that "they've never had a roster" like this before. Hopefully Miles will allow some of the LJS guys to watch...wouldn't mind a few updates on how the young guys look.

Well, not to offend the rational sensibilities of this board, but... They do look pretty good.

Well, I guess that's why they play the games.  Last year we looked pretty darn good around this time also. 

Well, I guess that's why they play the games.  Last year we looked pretty darn good around this time also. 

I'm sure Crayton does have more talent on the roster, their summer league exploits are not invisible. Good on them.

Did you get to attend a practice or did you see summer league?

Been hearing a lot of local chatter and glowing reports on Khyri Thomas.

Developments like this are why college basketball is so captivating. It's like our Tarin Smith from last year.

Both Smith and Thomas are athletic, and both had recruiting advantages: Smith played on a high-profile high school team, and Thomas had an extra year in prep school. Yet both were under-the-radar: e.g., both committed late in the process, neither had many high-level alternatives, and each held less than a three-star Composit Rating by Verbal Commits (2.7 for Smith and 2.5 for Thomas). Yet both in the summertime received high praise and talk of considerable playing time.

Smith fit into a position of great need--but he couldn't produce reliable scoring and transferred to a mid-major school.

Who knows what the deal is or will become with Thomas. It will be interesting to see how his situation plays out.

there'll be a lot of guys that our conference mates have zero scouting footage on, which should play to our advantage. The coaches think Thomas will be the team's best defender; our new juco signee that no one has heard of is the most athletic guy on the team probably. The question about this year's team will be who steps up as a go to guy. In terms of athletic ability and shooting this roster is quite a bit more talented than last year's

there'll be a lot of guys that our conference mates have zero scouting footage on, which should play to our advantage. The coaches think Thomas will be the team's best defender; our new juco signee that no one has heard of is the most athletic guy on the team probably. The question about this year's team will be who steps up as a go to guy. In terms of athletic ability and shooting this roster is quite a bit more talented than last year's

Ok. Good for the Jays.

But . . . optimism always abounds in the summertime when every team is still undefeated. That's true for the Jays. It's true for the Huskers. And it's true for everyone else.

Yet, I can't imagine the grief Huskers would be receiving if a 2.5 star Composit Rating freshman is our "best defender" and a juco "no one has ever heard of" is probably "the most athletic guy on the team." What about that nearly-five-star seven footer; and what about those sat-out transfer world-beaters?

But, hey, that's why they play the game. And that's what keeps us all coming back. And that's what keeps message boards like this humming.

Ok. Good for the Jays.

But . . . optimism always abounds in the summertime when every team is still undefeated. That's true for the Jays. It's true for the Huskers. And it's true for everyone else.

Yet, I can't imagine the grief Huskers would be receiving if a 2.5 star Composit Rating freshman is our "best defender" and a juco "no one has ever heard of" is probably "the most athletic guy on the team." What about that nearly-five-star seven footer; and what about those sat-out transfer world-beaters?

But, hey, that's why they play the game. And that's what keeps us all coming back. And that's what keeps message boards like this humming.

Basketball players are basketball players... the coaches knew they liked Khryi and his game. It doesn't, and shouldn't, matter what is recruiting ranking is. Albert has a 40+inch vert (according to piv who's been to every Italy practice) and can shoot well from deep. Again, doesn't matter that his reputation doesn't necessarily match what he will bring to the court. He had offers from Memphis, Pitt, Purdue and Oregon. The transfers are given the benefit of the doubt that they will perform well; Cole Huff should be the most productive newcomer and Maurice Watson will easily fill the shoes of Chatman and hopefully then some

Patton will probably redshirt, he's too thin to play center in the big east at this point. To shield against any remarks you all might have in response to us redshirting a 5 star prospect...again a player is what they bring to the court not their recruiting ranking. The recruiting guys that watched patton know how good a player he can become and that's why he is rated so highly

Look, at the end of the day, I know i'm not gonna change any of your minds about how well Creighton will perform this year. But, objectively speaking, we have more shooters than we did last year. We are a lot more athletic than last year. We will also have more depth. My realistic expectation is a NIT bid, we could make the tournament if the guys really gel early and someone (Huff most likely) steps up to be a go to guy

Of all the blue birds that find their way over to this board, bleujay is one's opinion I tend to respect from that crowd. Bleu, it'll be interesting to see how both team's attitudes change after the first game, after the in-state game, and throughout the season. Now why can't it be basketball season already?