2016 PF Jeriah Horne - Signed

hhcmatt

And, Dimes, IDK where I saw the 5 p.m. thing, but I saw it somewhere.

I see Robin has that over at Scout.

He's probably talked directly with Horne's family or even Horne himself.

Maybe there is a last minute change of heart but it seems like a good day to update the front page.

Is the home page down in preparation for a new article to be posted at around 5:00 p.m. tonight, perhaps?

And, Dimes, IDK where I saw the 5 p.m. thing, but I saw it somewhere.

I see Robin has that over at Scout.

He's probably talked directly with Horne's family or even Horne himself.

Maybe there is a last minute change of heart but it seems like a good day to update the front page.

Is the home page down in preparation for a new article to be posted at around 5:00 p.m. tonight, perhaps?

More of an unwanted navigational feature..it works as long as you key in the url instead of following a link.

Thanks for the heads up.

It's 9:41 on a Thursday morn

The regular tweets come shuffling in

There's a cipsucks down at conlee's

Making love to his nyquil and gin

He says "son can you tell me of Horne's commit"

I'm not really sure where he'll go

But he's long and he's lean

And he's rated real high

We could sure use him at PBA

Ohhhh laa la la la la laaaah

He says, "49r, I believe this is killing me."

As the smile ran away from his face

"Well I'm sure that Horne could be a major star

If he would commit to this place."

And the Wildcats are practicing politics
As the Blue Demons slowly get stoned
Yes, they're sharing a drink they call lonliness
But it's better than drinkin' at CLink

Jeriah Horne you're a Husker, man
You're one of us tonight
Well we're all in the mood for some basketball
And you got us feeling alright

It's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday
And Jeriah gives us all a smile
'Cause he knows that it's him we've been comin' to see
To forget about life for a while
And the band they sound like a carnival
And we still can't buy any beer
We just sit in the stands and watch win after win
And say, "Horne, aren't you glad you came here?"

Oh, la la la, di da da
La la, di da da da dum

Jeriah Horne you're a Husker, man
You're one of us tonight
Well we're all in the mood for some basketball
And you got us feeling alright

http://img.comc.com/i/Basketball/1992-93/Memphis-State-Tigers/11/Jerrell-Horne.jpg?id=9aea4688-d36c-4e4a-b959-2b85ccec177b&size=original

Jeriah has a solid basketball bloodline. This is a basketball card of his Dad, Jerrell Horne, as a Memphis Tiger--he played there in the early 1990s with Penny Hardaway. Jerrell then played professionally in Poland. Jerrell was described as "a banger inside."

http://img.comc.com/i/Basketball/1992-93/Memphis-State-Tigers/11/Jerrell-Horne.jpg?id=9aea4688-d36c-4e4a-b959-2b85ccec177b&size=original

Jeriah has a solid basketball bloodline. This is a basketball card of his Dad, Jerrell Horne, as a Memphis Tiger--he played there in the early 1990s with Penny Hardaway. Jerrell then played professionally in Poland. Jerrell was described as "a banger inside."

Dad looks like he'd be good at that role to this day. I recall Charles Barkley talking about being able to grab double digit boards in his late 40's, and I'd imagine that Jerrell could possibly give that effort as well.

Nebrasketball is in good hands with the accumulation of talent at various positions across the board. Future is bright, I gotta wear  B) !

“Nebraska's focus on player development, solid academics and challenging athletic environment,” said Jeriah Horne on why he picked the Cornhuskers...

“Coach Miles gives freshman an opportunity,” said Horne. “Although there is a transition from high school to college, I expect my work ethic, my size, my ability to pass and my versatility to help me make the most of my opportunities as a freshman.”

http://ny2lasports.c...?articleid=3143

A Memphis news source provides the following information about Jerrell and Jeriah in an item dated July 25, 2015:

While Jerrell was a banger inside . . . , Jeriah is more of a skilled big man who can carry his team offensively as a low-post scoring threat or faceup shooter.

“I was more of an inside player. Jeriah’s game is just more finesse. He can do a lot more than I can do. A lot more,” Jerrell said. “When we started out and I was coaching him, I had him at point guard.”

Said Jeriah: “When we were down in Louisiana, I always played as a guard. Like, ball in my hands so I can facilitate. When I came to (Overland Park) Kansas, I was bigger than everyone else and everybody all of a sudden wanted to throw me on the block. I’d catch the ball and bring it up court and hear, ‘Give it to the guard! Give it to the guard!’ and I’m thinking, ‘I am the guard.’ ”

Great get.  This kid has a very unique skillset--great ballskills, outside range, and a big frame.  I'm getting the feeling Miles is done with centers, and he might be right on for doing it.  The prospect of Jeriah and Ed in the same frontcourt is pretty darned imposing.  Plus, size doesn't have to equate to one 7' player.  Being able to switch the on-ball defender is just as important in today's pick and roll defense. 

Miles continues to do an incredbile job with recruiting.  Our young talent stacks up against anyone.

I'm getting the feeling Miles is done with centers, and he might be right on for doing it.  

We're recruiting nothing but big men with our last roster spot.

We are compensating by recruiting length at most every other position though.

With the right group of players we can turn our lack of 6'9"+ players into a competitive advantage.

Great get.  This kid has a very unique skillset--great ballskills, outside range, and a big frame.  I'm getting the feeling Miles is done with centers, and he might be right on for doing it.  The prospect of Jeriah and Ed in the same frontcourt is pretty darned imposing.  Plus, size doesn't have to equate to one 7' player.  Being able to switch the on-ball defender is just as important in today's pick and roll defense. 

Miles continues to do an incredbile job with recruiting.  Our young talent stacks up against anyone.

We don't need a 7-footer, but we need a player or two who can reliably guard the types of 4s and 5s we're going to see week in and week out in the B1G. You have to have a chess piece to match up defensively against guys like Diamond Stone, A.J. Hammons, etc., not to mention others who, while they may be shorter, are still in the 240-255-lb. weight range.

A big part of this is the weight issue. Our roster is very light. You need guys with enough physical mass to bang inside against 250-lb. PFs and centers. It's very hard for a 220-lb. guy to do that week after week. 

I'm getting the feeling Miles is done with centers, and he might be right on for doing it.  

With the right group of players we can turn our lack of 6'9"+ players into a competitive advantage.

At the end of the day, though, you need guys who can flat-out ball.  Whatever their other shortcomings might be, the two commits we have for this class can do that. 

Horne you can say is undersized and I cannot disagree.  And maybe he could be more explosive as well.  But the kid is a player.  He's beefy, he's skilled, and he has touch.  And range.  With his frame, he could easily add 20 pounds or more and be more explosive at a higher weight just because of his build.  I've already seen in video how he knows how to use his body to gain space.  And he seems to be a good passer with good floor vision.  He's a player.  He gets it done.

Roby is physically the opposite.  He's svelte, extremely long, and, for his size, has some explosiveness.  For his size.  But he's also a baller.  Both of them are.  Whereas Horne is a kid who can bang a bit inside and spot up from distance, Roby is a slasher who can take people off the dribble and get to the rim. 

I think these two will really complement each other.  I'm almost more excited about the '16 class than I was the '15 class.  Almost.  Put these two classes together and we've really got something.

We don't need a 7-footer, but we need a player or two who can reliably guard the types of 4s and 5s we're going to see week in and week out in the B1G. You have to have a chess piece to match up defensively against guys like Diamond Stone, A.J. Hammons, etc., not to mention others who, while they may be shorter, are still in the 240-255-lb. weight range.

A big part of this is the weight issue. Our roster is very light. You need guys with enough physical mass to bang inside against 250-lb. PFs and centers. It's very hard for a 220-lb. guy to do that week after week. 

Very good point.

At the end of the day, though, you need guys who can flat-out ball.  Whatever their other shortcomings might be, the two commits we have for this class can do that. 

Horne you can say is undersized and I cannot disagree.  And maybe he could be more explosive as well.  But the kid is a player.  He's beefy, he's skilled, and he has touch.  And range.  With his frame, he could easily add 20 pounds or more and be more explosive at a higher weight just because of his build.  I've already seen in video how he knows how to use his body to gain space.  And he seems to be a good passer with good floor vision.  He's a player.  He gets it done.

Roby is physically the opposite.  He's svelte, extremely long, and, for his size, has some explosiveness.  For his size.  But he's also a baller.  Both of them are.  Whereas Horne is a kid who can bang a bit inside and spot up from distance, Roby is a slasher who can take people off the dribble and get to the rim. 

I think these two will really complement each other.  I'm almost more excited about the '16 class than I was the '15 class.  Almost.  Put these two classes together and we've really got something.

I'm not at all saying Horne is undersized...he could end up being a 6-7 shooting guard at the end of the day.

My point was that we most definitely are looking for center/post type players and at the moment that seems to be the sole focus of our last 2016-17 scholarship.