2016 PF Jeriah Horne - Signed

hhcmatt

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a report from a Kansas State message board poster on Jeriah Horne:

Saw Horne play in 2 and a half games on Saturday . . . it is very tough to categorize him as he is a versatile and multi-skilled player, I think that will serve him very well at the high major level. I do believe the 6'6" 220 measurements for him are accurate.When operating on the block he knocked down a few nice jump hooks out to about 7 ft and finished a couple reverse layups in heavy traffic. He does have a good faceup jumper and I saw him hit 3 3's on the day and when a defender crowds him on the perimeter (usually a big), he does have the ability to put the ball on the floor, get to the rim and finish. He's also got a nice feel and court vision for passing the ball, he plays unselfishly and looks for open teammates. He did try to force a few passes that just weren't there or he was a little off target, but overall, his good passing ability is an aspect of his game that I was glad to see. He is not a tremendously quick or explosive athlete, but when matched with opposing 4s and 5s (this is primarily what I saw him guard) he does a good of anticipating passes and getting into the passing lane, resulting in multiple deflections and steals.

He is not afraid to get his hands dirty or throw his weight around in the paint, but I wouldn't necessarily say physical play is his bread and butter. However, I do have to say that I was very impressed with the way he attacked consensus 4* 6'9" 250 Tyler Cook in the title game. Cook absolutely owned the paint in the semis (34 pts), but Horne took it right at him in the post and got him in foul trouble, which really kept Cook a non-factor in that title game. Run GMC came up a little short against the St Louis Eagles, 60-53, but Horne battled hard, got to the line a lot, and finished with 16 pts.

Here is a report from a Kansas State message board poster on Jeriah Horne:

Saw Horne play in 2 and a half games on Saturday . . . it is very tough to categorize him as he is a versatile and multi-skilled player, I think that will serve him very well at the high major level. I do believe the 6'6" 220 measurements for him are accurate.When operating on the block he knocked down a few nice jump hooks out to about 7 ft and finished a couple reverse layups in heavy traffic. He does have a good faceup jumper and I saw him hit 3 3's on the day and when a defender crowds him on the perimeter (usually a big), he does have the ability to put the ball on the floor, get to the rim and finish. He's also got a nice feel and court vision for passing the ball, he plays unselfishly and looks for open teammates. He did try to force a few passes that just weren't there or he was a little off target, but overall, his good passing ability is an aspect of his game that I was glad to see. He is not a tremendously quick or explosive athlete, but when matched with opposing 4s and 5s (this is primarily what I saw him guard) he does a good of anticipating passes and getting into the passing lane, resulting in multiple deflections and steals.

He is not afraid to get his hands dirty or throw his weight around in the paint, but I wouldn't necessarily say physical play is his bread and butter. However, I do have to say that I was very impressed with the way he attacked consensus 4* 6'9" 250 Tyler Cook in the title game. Cook absolutely owned the paint in the semis (34 pts), but Horne took it right at him in the post and got him in foul trouble, which really kept Cook a non-factor in that title game. Run GMC came up a little short against the St Louis Eagles, 60-53, but Horne battled hard, got to the line a lot, and finished with 16 pts.

Sounds a little like this guy from the write up.

477657620-draymond-green-of-the-golden-s

Pepperdine has the prettiest campus, Looks right over the ocean.

Meh. That can't compare with a campus that overlooks Salt Creek.

Yeah. Seriously. Step right outside the front doors of Hendricks and you get that beautiful view of Antelope Valley and the creek of salt flowing through it. I think that's why they built the practice facility on that side of Devaney.

• 3 weeks later...