2016 PG DeJon Jarreau -> UMass

DeJon Jarreau is a 6'-3" 160# point guard; he recently received an NU offer along with his teammate Brison Gresham. The four-star recruit (according to 247Sports) has offers to Memphis, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma & Wichita State.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/tim-miles-crew-offers-trio-of-prospects-including-pair-of/article_243e1d7e-2a50-11e5-8618-c7ad8d069dc3.html

I'm feeling a bit nauseous.  Might need to ... just spit up in my mouth a bit.

LSU, Florida, Tejas, Miami?  Them I get.  Wichita State?  Sure, they're a good program.  Tulane?  Home state.  Makes sense. 

Big 12, SEC, Wichita State and UMass.  All of that makes sense.  But, something just seems ... out of place in that list.

Judging from the background and the ball, it appears these are all Nike schools.

That makes a point in our equipment affiliation discussions.

For those of you in the know: Who produces the backdrop?    Can I assume it is Nike?  Or is that cleverly created by some computer guys?

Judging from the background and the ball, it appears these are all Nike schools.

For those of you in the know: Who produces the backdrop?    Can I assume it is Nike?  Or is that cleverly created by some computer guys?

Miami is an Addidas affiliate.  Not sure who produces the backdrop...probably some 50 year old that tweets at 17 year old basketball recruits all day.  Krayton has quite a few stalkers that does so.  We got in late on both LA recruits but it would be surprising if they got out of the south.  My guess is LSU is the destination if LSU has enough room. 

Miami is an Addidas affiliate.  Not sure who produces the backdrop...probably some 50 year old that tweets at 17 year old basketball recruits all day.  Krayton has quite a few stalkers that does so.  We got in late on both LA recruits but it would be surprising if they got out of the south.  My guess is LSU is the destination if LSU has enough room. 

There is quite a lot of kudzu in that picture isn't there?

Not like he's coming to Omaha anyway

Sorry.  Forgot about you sometimes posting here.  Not trying to make this place inhospitable to the good guys from other programs who stop by from time to time, which I would say includes you.  Just that it chafes me a bit to see our name eliminated and another school from our area remain in the running.  We won't ascend the ladder in the Big 10 unless we continue to get good recruits.

There is quite a lot of kudzu in that picture isn't there?

Yes, there is.

That is a picture of him from a Nike tourney which is why there is a Nike background. He's not facing the camera so it was probably taken by a friend/family member.

Then it's him or someone that photoshopps some logos on there. You can see the jagged edges around the UMass logo pretty clearly.

Here is him facing the camera with the same backdrop

6_3725837.jpg

That is a picture of him from a Nike tourney which is why there is a Nike background. He's not facing the camera so it was probably taken by a friend/family member.

Then it's him or someone that photoshopps some logos on there. You can see the jagged edges around the UMass logo pretty clearly.

Here is him facing the camera with the same backdrop

6_3725837.jpg

"And for an extra $100, we can photoshop the logos of up to six schools that you're considering onto a promotional photo of yourself so that you can tweet out that you've narrowed your list of colleges!:D

"So, what if I can't narrow it down to just six schools?" :mellow:

"Well, then, we can add logos of up to six more schools for just another $10 each."  :)

"So, that'd be like how much if I did 12 schools?"  :blink:

"That'd be $160."  <_<

"So, if I just have $150, I can only do ... ?"  :huh:

"Eleven schoolsThat's correct."  :)

"Oh.  Uh, ok.  Let's go with 11 schools, then."  :unsure:

And THAT is how Nebraska was eliminated from his list.

"And for an extra $100, we can photoshop the logos of up to six schools that you're considering onto a promotional photo of yourself so that you can tweet out that you've narrowed your list of colleges!:D

"So, what if I can't narrow it down to just six schools?" :mellow:

"Well, then, we can add logos of up to six more schools for just another $10 each."  :)

"So, that'd be like how much if I did 12 schools?"  :blink:

"That'd be $160."  <_<

"So, if I just have $150, I can only do ... ?"  :huh:

"Eleven schoolsThat's correct."  :)

"Oh.  Uh, ok.  Let's go with 11 schools, then."  :unsure:

And THAT is how Nebraska was eliminated from his list.

lol.gif   (Nice use of emoticons, Norm!)

• 3 weeks later...

LSU, Florida, Tejas, Miami?  Them I get.  Wichita State?  Sure, they're a good program.  Tulane?  Home state.  Makes sense. 

Big 12, SEC, Wichita State and UMass.  All of that makes sense.  But, something just seems ... out of place in that list.

Hey Norm, he updated his list...

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

If Creighton wins that recruiting battle over those schools, I'd willingly go to a Creighton game with you!

Say on this upcoming December 9th.

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

You haven't lived until you've watched a pair of high school kids unveil where they're going to school on Nola.com.

I hope you guys are in the running at the end to experience it.

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

If Creighton wins that recruiting battle over those schools, I'd willingly go to a Creighton game with you!

If you can find me, I'll buy you a beer!

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

Given the nature of Crayton fans, this would be like Mission Impossible, need to call in Tom Cruise.

Given the nature of Crayton fans, this would be like Mission Impossible, need to call in Tom Cruise.

Especially considering the monstrously spacious hallways they have!

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

Someone needs to tell him that UConn's mascot is a Huskie dog, not some bird thing.

• 1 month later...

CMJtLizWIAAb3xU.jpg

You won't be going to the game with him......

Down to UMASS and Miami.