Burno Bolting for ASU

There is a big time Burno-Hurley connection so I can see why.

Gotta say that it sucks big time for us though.

Connection or not, this isn't a good look for the program.  Lots of player and coach attrition. 

Seems like everytime we try to take a step forward something brings us right back. Very frustrating.

It's been a rough year for Nebrasketball.  Next year doesn't look much better on paper.  Hopefully with some experience for the incoming recruits and the addition of Gill 2016-2017 will be our year. 

There is a big time Burno-Hurley connection so I can see why.

Gotta say that it sucks big time for us though.

Connection or not, this isn't a good look for the program.  Lots of player and coach attrition. 

Unless you're talking about this not looking good to future recruits, I don't personally believe that every single change has a negative connotation. If all this moving around means that we end up with a worse team, then I agree with you. If the movement itself makes you nervous, I'm sorry to tell you you're going to be nervous every single year.

This is definitely a set back though just because Burno was involved with a lot of the guys we just offered and now we have to waste time looking into another assistant and starting the process all over again.

Seems like a dick move, even with the connection. Hurley was hired in April. Obviously it takes a while to assemble a staff, but if they have such a strong connection wouldn't you expect Hurley to have reached out to him a while back?

Regardless, a part of me feels that when you sign on for something, you're making a commitment.

What a dick. Hurley, that is.

Not worried.  We have the money to hire great coaches.  Miles knows a lot of people.  The only thing that matters to me, really, is a talent upgrade, and we're flourishing phenomenally in that area.  The only reputation being hurt by the move is Burno's, IMO.  

I don't see why we should blame Hurley for attempting to hire a highly sought after assistant coach.  The only one who should be embarrassed is Burno.  No one forced him to listen or take the job!

From Miles' standpoint, do you really want someone coaching who doesn't want to be here? I'm sure Miles still has the list of prospects he considered before hiring Burno and there are several other qualified candidates.

This bums me out.

I don't blame Burno for going to a gig with someone he knows so well, but I would have liked it if he had stuck it out for a year.  You know Hurley would have hired him next year.  Of course, having him here knowing he would leave would be kind of weird.

A full year would have provided stability in some sense (recruits, specifically).  Now MIles is left to scramble to fill the situation.

Bummer.