"Husker Hoops Central" Website Banner

dlrrk

I'm new here so maybe it's something that I just don't know/understand...   

Question:  Why does the Husker Hoops Central website banner only have men basketball players displayed?  It seems to me that Coach Yori's women deserve some "love" on that banner.  The women have had their share of success.

Additionally, the stadium/arena behind the guys shooting the basketball is empty.  The empty seats seem, to me, to send the wrong message. 

I agree on the need for more love.  Something else that frustrates me is after both teams play on the same day we get front page newspaper coverage for the men's loss and a smaller third page write up for the women's win.  Go figure.

Well, the Men's category of Husker Hoops Central has more than ten times as many posts as the Woman's section, so that should give you a clue.

Question:  Why does the Husker Hoops Central website banner only have men basketball players displayed?  It seems to me that Coach Yori's women deserve some "love" on that banner.  The women have had their share of success.

Additionally, the stadium/arena behind the guys shooting the basketball is empty.  The empty seats seem, to me, to send the wrong message. 

This is my guess on the banner the players were inlaid into the Bob picture.

I agree on the need for more love.  Something else that frustrates me is after both teams play on the same day we get front page newspaper coverage for the men's loss and a smaller third page write up for the women's win.  Go figure.

Well, the Men's category of Husker Hoops Central has more than ten times as many posts as the

Woman's section, so that should give you a clue.

Yeah and the men's forum also has at least ten times as many garbage posts

To be fair, the Hardwood has the same banner. I agree though, it needs some loving either way. This is a fantastic site, worthy of some PBA magic. The most wonderful sight I've ever seen in basketball is the crowds at PBA with the chanting, confetti, etc. Would love to see some of that awesomeness.

The banners haven't been updated in years...they were made before there even was a dedicated women's forum.

At this particular moment, I don't have a time table on updating them.  I believe it might be possible for me to assign a women specific one to this particular forum when I do.

I just want to know why "Huskers" is misspelled ;)

Gill chooses the Huksers after visits to Georgetown, ECU

I do a crappy job at post QA