OT Bo Ryan gone after next season

Donkey

Wisconsin has already named the successor.

Not exactly.  His hope is that longtime assistant Greg Gard succeeds him in Madison.

I think Gard would probably continue things well for Wisconsin but maybe they make a run at someone like Tony Bennett.

Bo Ryan is a great coach.  I think he is as good as anyone in the country.  The B1G is losing a good one and he will be difficult to replace at Wisconsin. He develops players.

So long as they don't hire some assistant from Kansas State to come in and slaughter us in the B1G title game.

Erm, on the other hand, making it to the B1G title game would be kinda awesome even if we did lose to some Wisconsin team coached by a crew-cut asshole named Bret.

Speaking of which:  Has anyone ever actually known a guy named "Bret" that they liked?  Me neither.

(Surely none of you are Bretts.)

Bo Ryan is a great coach.  I think he is as good as anyone in the country.  The B1G is losing a good one and he will be difficult to replace at Wisconsin. He develops players.

So long as they don't hire some assistant from Kansas State to come in and slaughter us in the B1G title game.

Erm, on the other hand, making it to the B1G title game would be kinda awesome even if we did lose to some Wisconsin team coached by a crew-cut asshole named Bret.

Speaking of which:  Has anyone ever actually known a guy named "Bret" that they liked?  Me neither.

I am a Bret I hope im liked  :(

When I was young, I sure liked Bret Maverick!

url           link...for you young ones.

I am a Bret I hope im liked  :(

Yeah, but do you KNOW any Brets? 

See, I don't know any Brets.  (Except, well, now you, sorta.)

Easy to say you've never known a guy named Bret that you liked when you've never known anyone named Bret.  (I might now have to add a qualifier to that statement -- I kinda know one guy named Bret now, and he's pretty cool, but the rest of the Brets ...)

Thing is, sadly, the Bielema version was the only Bret I was previously familiar with and, well, he's a crew-cut a-hole.

But now that another Bret has surfaced who, by all accounts, is a decent chap, I'm going to have to re-think this whole Bret thing.  I probably shouldn't hold it against the rest of the Brets that Bielema is a crew-cut a-hole.  That's probably not fair.  It's not your fault he is what he is. 

So, I take it back.  Perhaps it's not the Bret part at all.  Maybe it's the Bielema part!  Yeah, have you ever known a Bielema you liked?  Me neither.

;)

• 1 month later...

This sounds very familiar. So when do we start hearing about Bo going to Rutgers for a year and then ending his career at Minnesota; starting off his retirement with a contract to do a bunch of jeans commercials?

This sounds very familiar. So when do we start hearing about Bo going to Rutgers for a year and then ending his career at Minnesota; starting off his retirement with a contract to do a bunch of jeans commercials?

As long as he doesn't take a picture of his dongle and text it to a lady friend I'm okay with whatever he decides.