Golden St vs Cleveland

I always find it interesting when people say that in the 80s and 90s everyone was so much better at shooting. If they were such amazing shooters then how did Stefen Curry make more 3s in these playoffs than the entire league combined during the 1988 playoffs, the first year the 3 point line existed? The answer is that it was so easy to get a wide open mid range jumper. Of course their percentages were so much higher because mid range shots were contested as much as 3s are today. So instead of taking a higher percentage mid range shot shooters today are forced by the defense to shoot 3s that are harder to make at a high percentage instead.

People also always say that athletes have ruined the game because they can't shoot but what if it's the other way around and the athletes can play better defense which doesn't allow for as easy shots to be taken. It's probably a combination of both but I think that a Golden State team would spread out teams of the past well enough to at least compete with them.

I always find it interesting when people say that in the 80s and 90s everyone was so much better at shooting. If they were such amazing shooters then how did Stefen Curry make more 3s in these playoffs than the entire league combined during the 1988 playoffs, the first year the 3 point line existed? The answer is that it was so easy to get a wide open mid range jumper. Of course their percentages were so much higher because mid range shots were contested as much as 3s are today. So instead of taking a higher percentage mid range shot shooters today are forced by the defense to shoot 3s that are harder to make at a high percentage instead.

People also always say that athletes have ruined the game because they can't shoot but what if it's the other way around and the athletes can play better defense which doesn't allow for as easy shots to be taken. It's probably a combination of both but I think that a Golden State team would spread out teams of the past well enough to at least compete with them.

uhh....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-point_field_goal

Actually, the way athletes train today versus in the old days of the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00's have affected individual muscle fibers called myocytes. Each myocyte contains many myofibrils, which are strands of proteins (actin and myosin) that can grab on to each other and pull.  This then obviously has causal residual affect on your fast and slow twitch muscle fibers which in turn affects the shooting, leaping and stamina of today's athlete.  ;)

I'm not doing any research on this but they used to have best of 3 first round series and there were best of 5. So maybe more games to make said threes. And even if they had the same number of games one person does not make a trend. That is what science calls anecdotal evidence. Because, "One time, I saw...." doesn't make it the truth overall. 

uhh....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-point_field_goal

I looked it up and even wondered about it but I guess I got bad info. Oops.