Nebraska

Kansas

Virginia

Michigan State

Syracuse

UCONN

Iona(Unofficial)

Yes - 5 official ones.
Travel distance from Providence to Hartford (UCONN) is less than 100 miles--so, making an unofficial visit there shouldn't be difficult, assuming he's still in the Providence area.

Isnt he allowed only 5 visits?

Nebraska

Kansas

Virginia

Michigan State

Syracuse

UCONN

Iona(Unofficial)

Yes - 5 official ones.

curious which one is unofficial.

Someone else mentioned Uconn only being 100 miles away, but gotta think whoever gets an unofficial isnt as high on his list.

Very tough list.

Andrew White III seemingly took forever to decide last year and that worked out all right.  

Guess only time will tell for Nebrasketball /  Paschal

Interesting comparison, Auroran:

Nebraska is the first visit for both

Both have an assistant coach connection: White with Hunter; Chukwu with Burno

Both have lots of interest from other schools and visit other schools

Schools with visit arrangements:

White--Maryland, Notre Dame, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Florida St. (pretty good company)

Chukwu--Kansas, Michigan St., Virginia, Syracuse, UCONN (Yikes!)

Have a feeling its not a good sign when adds other visits that weren't there before after visiting here

Would it make you feel better if you knew that he was only seriously considering 2 of the 6 schools on his list? And I wouldn't really say that he's adding visits after he came here. Those visits could have been set just not announced or the visits could have already been in the works.

I get the feeling that we are in a very, very, very good place with the big man.

There is probably no reason for him to hurry making up his mind as he must sit out this year in any case; nor do I believe he would be eligible to go on the exhibition tour to Spain.

One thing in our favor may be academics, as we have had a number of Academic All Big Ten players on the team; Shields of course, and Nick Fuller, currently, and I believe both Andrew White and Anton Gill have been academically recognized at their prior institutions.

One downside might be if Nebraska would get an opportunity to sign a 'Big' who is immediately eligible to play, making it necessary to scramble around to find room should Chukwu decide on the Huskers.

OK, allow me a brief respite from reality to post daydream about the following:

2016-2017 Starting Lineup:

PG  Glynn Watson (Rivals ****, ESPN #73)

SG  Anton Gill (Rivals ****, ESPN #48)

SF  Andrew White, III (Rivals ****, ESPN #48)

PF  Ed Morrow, Jr. (Rivals ****, ESPN #53)

C  Paschal Chukwu (Rivals ****, ESPN #61)

That would most definitely not suck.

Stop dreaming, Norm!

This is reality speaking...look at the kind of line-up you are daydreaming about.

You know, the kind of line-up you have been wishing for your whole life.

5, 10 or 15 years ago you would have been thrilled to look ahead to a season with 1 or 2 top 100 players.

Even if this thread's mighty swing results in a strike out, we will have at least FOUR top 100 players to put on the court at the same time!

Now, pray/hope like hell that ajb knows exactly what he is talking about. #sweet16

OK, it is late and time for me to fall asleep and dream! 

Have a feeling its not a good sign when adds other visits that weren't there before after visiting here

Would it make you feel better if you knew that he was only seriously considering 2 of the 6 schools on his list? And I wouldn't really say that he's adding visits after he came here. Those visits could have been set just not announced or the visits could have already been in the works.

I get the feeling that we are in a very, very, very good place with the big man.

I'm not giving up hopes either.  After already transferring I'm sure Chukwu wants to make sure he makes the correct decision this go around....thus, using all of his visits. 

Well, Norm, don't forget that Gill is a much more marginal addition than White.  I'd presume that Chukwu would be more marginal still, don't you suppose?

;)

Well, Norm, don't forget that Gill is a much more marginal addition than White.  I'd presume that Chukwu would be more marginal still, don't you suppose?

;)

Depends on who's recruiting them.  Had someone else landed them, I could see them being perfect for their system.

IF ya know what I mean.  :P

It might be more of a matter of GTFO the Big East???

Big East, A-10 see a decline in recruiting talent

Big East and Atlantic 10 basketball coaches had better hope that recruiting rankings aren’t worth the paper — or computer screen — they’re printed on.

If recruit rankings are to be believed, both conferences are coming off one of their worst years of player procurement in years. After averaging a shade over 10 Top-100 recruits (according to ESPN.com) over the previous four years, Big East schools signed only five members of that select group in the Class of 2015. The Atlantic 10 signed no top 100 high school players, according to ESPN’s list.

There is reason not to fret, however. The other pipeline that is becoming increasingly fruitful for acquiring talent is the transfer wire, and both conferences have been among the most active in the country on that front. Topping that group of schools is the University of Rhode Island. In the last six months, Dan Hurley and his staff have added a potential impact forward in Memphis transfer Kuran Iverson, a valued shooter in Four McGlynn (from Towson) and an athletic wing in Indiana transfer Stanford Robinson. Iverson and McGlynn are eligible for the 2015-16 season while Robinson will sit out next season and retain two years of eligibility.

On the flip side is Providence College. The Friars lost a graduate transfer (Tyler Harris) to Auburn and then were left stunned when freshman center Paschal Chukwu chose to transfer in late May. He began his search for a new home by visiting Nebraska and Kansas this week.