Paschal Chukwu 2015 C Providence transfer -> Syracuse

Well that helps, but with UVA, Mich, and Syracuse in the mix Chukwu has some nice options.  Would be a hell of a pull for the coaching staff if they pulled it off. 

Robin corrected it and I think MSU is the other place he is looking to go. 

Thanks for the heads up.  Doesn't make me feel any better about our chances though. :wacko:

Never know.  We may have been one of the earliest schools to reach out to him, before the Kansas' and Syracuse's and MSU's of the world.  Sometimes that makes a difference to a recruit.  Of course you see I'm grasping at any and all fibers of possible hope. 

Well that helps, but with UVA, Mich, and Syracuse in the mix Chukwu has some nice options.  Would be a hell of a pull for the coaching staff if they pulled it off. 

Robin corrected it and I think MSU is the other place he is looking to go. 

ugh...  not looking good here... It will look even better though if he commits to us after visiting all those schools

That's a pretty daunting list we're up against. Fingers crossed that playing time is the most important thing here.

He didn't mention Iona, who is also supposed to be getting a visit from Chukwu this week...and Syracuse, aren't they on like one-step-away-from-death-penalty probation right now?

If we get this kid after his visits, it will make Andrew White's commitment look like we were recruiting against nobodies.

Andrew White's list before committing: Maryland, Miami, Florida State, Notre Dame, and Wake Forest

Paschal Chukwu's list is a step up  :unsure:: Kansas, Syracuse, Michigan State and Virginia

Was there ever a post visit interview with Paschal?  I never saw anything?

Robin at Rivals says no one has had luck reaching Chukwu directly. He also said that a source within the Husker program said Chukwu had a very good visit to Nebraska and really hit it off with the coaching staff, particularly Coach Miles.

A Michigan State board at least has a thread on Chukwu--although it's a short one without much activity: http://www.scout.com/college/michigan-state/forums/2655-spartan-basketball/13874227-paschal-chukwu-7-ft-2-in-226-lb-transfer.

A Michigan board, on the other hand, has no Chukwu thread. Moreover, Michigan has two 6'10" recruits and one 6'9" recruit committed for the next two years, and Wolverine posters are complaining that these commits are Max Bielfeldt clones.

There has to be some humor in all this somewhere.

Sorry for the Red Arrow Lanigan!   redface.gif   Fat-finger strikes Again! (where's Norm when you need him to nullify My error with a 'greenie'  ;) )

Like you, I hope we get his commitment!   If true he's interested in Mich and not MSU, probably good for Huskers since Mich already has some 'tall's' committed.  That said, Lickteig is a jayhawk fan, so no telling where he got that since no one seems able to communicate directly with Chukwu.

This seems more and more like the recruiting of AWIII, who played it close to the vest till finally selecting Nebraska because of 'fit' (and academics I believe).  :)

EDIT:

Whew, saved by the bell!  Thanks Jaimes2000 & Silver.  ;)

This recruitment is confusing. What is important to him and what is the deciding factors, no one seems to know. A man his size would seemingly want to play man D, especially if going to NBA is the goal and if your main goal is PT, you would go to a roster where you would play right away. Weird.

This recruitment is confusing. What is important to him and what is the deciding factors, no one seems to know. A man his size would seemingly want to play man D, especially if going to NBA is the goal and if your main goal is PT, you would go to a roster where you would play right away. Weird.

The more I read the more I feel it may be about relationships.  I think he may not like how he was being treated at Providence.  

Everything else makes no sense

Nebraska(Midwest) Power 5 School, but not known for being good at Basketball

Kansas(Midwest) an top shelf basketball school

Iona(East Coast) ummmmm... It's in New York so that is cool

Syracuse(East Coast) Top Shelf Basketball program, but currently in a lot of trouble

Michigan State(Midwest) Known for being one of the best NCAA tournament teams around with coach Izzo

Michigan(Midwest) Power 5 School not known for basketball, but is considered by many a Top 50 Basketball school

All schools are so different... I'd group them like this for basketball purposes only

1. Kansas, Michigan State

2. Michigan, Nebraska and Syracuse(Because of the trouble)

3. Iona

As far as cool coaches go

1. Miles and Izzo 

2. Self, Beilein and Boeheim

3. Cluess(I know nothing about the guy