Paschal Chukwu 2015 C Providence transfer -> Syracuse

This kid was never going to Kansas anyway. He was worried about playing time at Providence, do you think he wanted to sit at Kansas.

That's not necessarily true as you don't know why he is transferring.  Maybe he want's to play in a Final Four and if so, KU would be a pretty good choice of schools.  Or he just doesn't get along with the coach.  Could be transferring for a number of reasons.  I just hope that we have everything he is looking for as this would be a major get for Nebraska.

This kid was never going to Kansas anyway. He was worried about playing time at Providence, do you think he wanted to sit at Kansas.

Maybe he is worried about PT...but I don't think that's the main reason.  Have you taken a gander at Providence's roster? They are in need of size as badly as we are.  If he would have stayed he would have received quality minutes. 

http://sportzedge.com/2015/05/18/ex-fairfield-prep-star-paschal-chukwu-will-transfer-from-providence/

Former Fairfield Prep star and Connecticut boys’ basketball player of the year Paschal Chukwu will transfer from Providence College, according to CBS Sports’ Jon Rothstein.

The 7-2 Nigerian native led the Jesuits to back-to-back Class LL state title game appearances in 2013-14, but averaged just 2.8 points and 2.4 rebounds in 10 minutes per game for the Friars as a freshman last season.

He likely believed he’d see more playing time in his first season under former Fairfield University head coach Ed Cooley, who had begun recruiting Chukwu heavily when the big man arrived at Fairfield Prep. But for whatever reason, Chukwu wasn’t able to crack the Friars’ rotation, which included 7-foot senior Carson Desrosiers and 6-8 freshman Ben Bentil.

“I would like to wish Paschal success in his future plans,” Cooley said in a release from the school. “He helped us have a successful season in 2014-15 and advance to the NCAA Tournament.”

Maybe he is worried about PT...but I don't think that's the main reason.  Have you taken a gander at Providence's roster? They are in need of size as badly as we are.  If he would have stayed he would have received quality minutes. 

Maybe he wants to make the step up from a mid-major conference?  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know it's a funny joke but all scholarships were accounted for last year. There was just two years of self imposed scholarship.

Pretty sure we only had 12 scholarship players last year unless you are counting Menke.

We didn't use them all last year

I know it's a funny joke but all scholarships were accounted for last year. There was just two years of self imposed scholarship.

Pretty sure we only had 12 scholarship players last year unless you are counting Menke.

Trevor Menke has been helping boost the basketball team's APR for years, so he counts for all extents & purposes (and pomp & circumstance, too). :D