Paschal Chukwu 2015 C Providence transfer -> Syracuse

And it sounds like he's planning to visit us second. I like our chances a whole lot better than all the teams that he hasn't mentioned interest in. Obviously we've made great headway in recruiting him if he's only mentioned Kansas and Nebraska almost an entire week after he decided to transfer. Can't believe not a single east coast team is

mentioned.

I said this in the transfers thread.  Rather than re-type, I figured I'd just cut and paste.

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Paschal Chukwu.

His freshman year stats aren't anything to write home about.  Less than 10 minutes/game and about 2.6 pts and 2.4 bds.

However, he was the #61 player in the nation coming out of HS per Rivals.  Book on him is that he's raw on both ends of the floor but athletic and active with a high ceiling and loads of potential.  He's 7'2" and 230#.  So great size.  They say he actually has decent hands and is developing a nice jump hook.

Sitting out a year as a transfer would probably do him some good.  So, if you know you'll be in need of a big man the season after next, do you take a flyer on a guy like this?

Here is a July 31, 2012 , Rivals article on him: https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1391023

Here is a blurb:

"With so little formal basketball training, it's safe to say that the Nigerian's potential is downright frightening. His coach went on to say that, "He doesn't even know how to dunk the ball yet he's so raw, it's going to be scary how good he'll be after some time getting coached. There's no reason that he can't one day be a pro.

As we mentioned earlier, Chukwu's circle wishes to keep many of the schools recruiting him a secret. But schools like Seton Hall, Cincinnati, Kansas, Virginia Tech, and Pittsburgh where seen at his AAU games this past month; while Xavier, Connecticut, and Providence are believed to have reached out."

How about even if Max Does come here!   thumbsup.gif

i don't believe we can have both.

I would prefer paschal. I think max might make us 1-2 games better for the upcoming season, but paschal could be an nba center with a year of development and we would possibly get 3 full seasons of him.

We can have both.

One would have to pay his own way.

It's happened before.

This is from a Kansas news source dated a couple days ago:

“Great things are going to happen with him,” Providence coach Ed Cooley told the Fairfield Citizen newspaper just days before Chukwu decided to transfer. “I can’t brag enough about him. I’m as high on him as any kid I’ve ever recruited and I know his best is yet to come. He should have a heck of a run from here on out. I’m excited as I can be about him.

“He’s got really good hands. He’s got a great touch. He can score around the basket. His biggest growth is going to come from strength. Once he gets stronger and is not moved out of the post ... that development in him will help him get to another level,” Cooley added.

isn't max suppose to be making his decision as soon as tomorrow?

it seems like a new big man prospect is emerging every day, but at the same time you don't want to get left with nothing.

so i'm hoping max commits here.

I feel like our only chance of beating out kansas for paschal would be if KU decides to sign johnathan williams iii instead.

I would prefer paschal. I think max might make us 1-2 games better for the upcoming season, but paschal could be an nba center with a year of development and we would possibly get 3 full seasons of him.

We can have both.

It's happened before.

Or we pull someone scholarship.  If both want to come, it would be a very good scenario for us with one getting to play this year and the other getting to play the following year.

We can have both.

It's happened before.

Or we pull someone scholarship.  If both want to come, it would be a very good scenario for us with one getting to play this year and the other getting to play the following year.

Its hard enough recruiting to NU as it is.  Pulling a scholarship at this point would definitely hurt more in the long run than us getting these two guys.

We can have both.

It's happened before.

Its hard enough recruiting to NU as it is.  Pulling a scholarship at this point would definitely hurt more in the long run than us getting these two guys.

IF, and it's a BIG IF, Nebr were to have the opportunity to land both players, what is the chance Will pays for Shavon's final year for the good of the team?

How about even if Max Does come here! thumbsup.gif

We can have both.

It's happened before.

Or we pull someone scholarship. If both want to come, it would be a very good scenario for us with one getting to play this year and the other getting to play the following year.

Its hard enough recruiting to NU as it is. Pulling a scholarship at this point would definitely hurt more in the long run than us getting these two guys.

IF, and it's a BIG IF, Nebr were to have the opportunity to land both players, what is the chance Will pays for Shavon's final year for the good of the team?
I know this has been discussed before, but aren't there measures in place to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen? Doesn't the NCAA combat this kind of thing? Otherwise this kind of stuff would go on all the time.