Blunt is in trouble

Bugeaters1

uuuughhhh, what a headache.

:wacko:  :huh:  :wacko:  <_<  :wacko:

this may turn out to be one of those cases where you can say "the truth lies somewhere in the middle".

"It is interesting to read the letters written by the parents of the two quitters "     Zing!

(well, not a computer whiz, so, don't know why the quote turned small when added to reply)

NU, Iowa, Purdue, Michigan St, Oklahoma St and Iowa St were on White's final list. The NCAA might allow the the players to play right away if they transfer out of Illinois should the allegations prove to be true. But right now I don't see the Big Ten giving any player transferring out of Illinois an exemption of the year penalty should they transfer within the conference mainly because it doesn't want to put the Illinois program at a disadvantage going into next season any more than it already is by giving these players free reign to go wherever they want within the conference.

Bob White writes the Illinois administration a letter.

The Letter.

Bob White has already expressed his displeasure in how allegations into the Illinois women’s basketball program have been handled, telling The News-Gazette in May he was “terribly disappointed with the Illinois administration" for letting former associate head coach Mike Divilbiss go.

Bob and Nitha White, the parents of Illinois sophomore Chatrice White, followed up Friday with a letter to head coach Matt Bollant, athletic director Mike Thomas, Chancellor Phyllis Wise and President Timothy Killeen that states much the same.

“Coach ‘D’ is obviously the victim of false allegations as proven by both of the University’s investigations,” the White’s letter addressed to Bollant read. “Why you and the administration felt it was necessary to act in such a way is beyond our comprehension. In reviewing the situation with Chatrice we find it rather interesting that she could not understand how any players could make such allegations and furthermore how an administrative staff could actually require an assistant coach to resign based on such unsubstantiated (per the University’s investigations) claims.”

Divilbiss was Chatrice White’s lead recruiter out of high school and, according to the letter, played a significant role in White choosing Illinois.

“Now just one year later, the future of Illinois women’s basketball is as unclear as ever,” the Whites letter read. “Fortunately there is one thing that will give the Fighting Illini hope and that is Coach Bollant and his staff. Unfortunately, we’re concerned to the extent Coach Bollant and his staff will be allowed to coach now that this precedence has been set. This precedent being that any allegation(s) brought forth by a player who was recruited over could result in the mandatory resignation of a coach despite the findings of an investigation into the allegations."

The Whites end their letter with a note of continued support of the Illinois women’s basketball program, but wondered if the Illinois coaches are unable to push their daughter to improve for fear of other allegations if she would “need to consider other options where coaches can coach and false allegations will not result in the dismissal of a great coach.”

Sounds like he's planning his daughter's exit from Illinois to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Norm I was just hang with the cool kids, so give me some slack. Also I get pissy when a Nebraska kid doesn't even SEEM to look at us.

So...

And it ain't over yet. ;)

Silver, I wasn't directing that at you.  I was taking what you said along with something I said that I had previously gotten push-back about from someone else.  And now it seems that maybe Mr. White wasn't as FOS as people initially assumed he was.  Hmmm.

Here's what's confusing to me on this especially after this last independent investigation. If they found no wrong doing within the program, why did Illinois fire the assistant coach and then pay him $48,000 in hush money?

By the way that assistant coach they fired spent the summer helping coach the Cornhusker Shooting Stars.

Here's what's confusing to me on this especially after this last independent investigation. If they found no wrong doing within the program, why did Illinois fire the assistant coach and then pay him $48,000 in hush money?

By the way that assistant coach they fired spent the summer helping coach the Cornhusker Shooting Stars.

Birds of a feather...

• 3 weeks later...