Blunt is in trouble

Bugeaters1

That's why I don't think Bob White should have commented on the ordeal. If the allegations are true, it shows he supports the coaches and their asinine ways of coaching.

exactly. i was VERY surprised the White's would even comment---especially at this time. this could really bite them in the a$$!

That's why I don't think Bob White should have commented on the ordeal. If the allegations are true, it shows he supports the coaches and their asinine ways of coaching.

Probably a case of being clueless about what was really going on....In many ways. I still have to think young Miss White had to see some of the stuff happening.....but....

...and/or... he apparently would never admit his mistake in character judgment of the coach...and he was fooled big time when Chatrice was recruited.

To say the stuff he just said....after all that has occurred.....clueless.....out of touch with reality. These kids don't need to be harassed (and worse),  and brow beat to play college sports. 

may be a stretch, but, the only scenario i can come up with is, that White is Bollant's favorite and was made very obvious throughout the team. therefore, teammates left her out of much of the discussion. still, White had to know about at least some of the allegations. i don't see how EVERYTHING could have been hidden. this is just a head scratcher.

IF, ivory crawford makes a comment, should be interesting. i always thought she was a leader of the team.

Probably a case of being clueless about what was really going on....In many ways. I still have to think young Miss White had to see some of the stuff happening.....but....

...and/or... he apparently would never admit his mistake in character judgment of the coach...and he was fooled big time when Chatrice was recruited.

To say the stuff he just said....after all that has occurred.....clueless.....out of touch with reality. These kids don't need to be harassed (and worse),  and brow beat to play college sports. 

Or young miss White holds the same belief system as her father, which may be a little scary if he deed know what is happening.

Tuck letter was written by a lawyer I would say. Get your ship right or else. So I'm guessing the Tucks are the ones bringing it. Going to be a fun train wreck to watch. The assistant that resigned and the allegations around that are super creepy.

Too bad for the Nebraska natives on that team. I'd say it's unfortunate the White kid's dad has those quotes out there. 

Tuck letter was written by a lawyer I would say. Get your ship right or else. So I'm guessing the Tucks are the ones bringing it. Going to be a fun train wreck to watch. The assistant that resigned and the allegations around that are super creepy.

Too bad for the Nebraska natives on that team. I'd say it's unfortunate the White kid's dad has those quotes out there. 

It's especially unfortunate in this situation that her last name is White.

It's especially unfortunate in this situation that her last name is White.

Very true. I'm sure context is important, but those quotes come off as if made by someone who might work at the cracker factory.  And after work might go for drinks at a honkey-tonk.

Poor Mr. White. I thought that everyone in America knew that when racism and abuse were spoken together, you shut you're pie hole and wait for the dust to settle. Next thought on this. Who were the two players that conducted the practices and could they be implicated in this, cause at this point I don't really see how the A.D.'s job is saved let alone his.

In closing I will miss watching him following ref's off the court at the PBA and cursing them. Things that make you say class act.

politician showing concerns about illinois, now. illinois receiving criticism of "internal investigation" of wbb. geez, what a freakin' mess. don't see this ending anytime soon. Grusecki's (jacqui grant) concerns go back to 2013.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-05-24/madigan-request-met-killeen.html

politician showing concerns about illinois, now. illinois receiving criticism of "internal investigation" of wbb. geez, what a freakin' mess. don't see this ending anytime soon. Grusecki's (jacqui grant) concerns go back to 2013.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-05-24/madigan-request-met-killeen.html

Good find.

• 2 weeks later...

Poor Mr. White. I thought that everyone in America knew that when racism and abuse were spoken together, you shut you're pie hole and wait for the dust to settle. Next thought on this. Who were the two players that conducted the practices and could they be implicated in this, cause at this point I don't really see how the A.D.'s job is saved let alone his.

In closing I will miss watching him following ref's off the court at the PBA and cursing them. Things that make you say class act.

If Mr. White thinks someone is being treated unjustly and being unfairly labeled with epithets like "racist" and "abusive," why should he shut his pie hole about it?

Perhaps he has a different perspective on it and knows more about the situation than what's being reported by the media?

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2015-06-20/news-gazette-exclusive-coachs-payout-48500.html

Former assistant women's basketball coach Mike Divilbiss received a nearly $48,500 payout when he left the University of Illinois under a cloud of allegations from former players last month.

Divilbiss signed a confidential separation agreement with the university on May 18, stating that he was leaving voluntarily after three years at the UI because it was "in his own best interests."

The separation agreement stipulates that Divilbiss is not entitled to any further compensation from the university and will not seek employment there in the future. By signing it, Divilbiss also agreed to release the university from any damages or liabilities related to his employment there.

He also agreed to keep the separation agreement and its terms confidential, and to make no "written or oral statements to anyone disparaging, attacking or painting in a negative light the University or any of its departments, divisions, employees, services or athletic programs."

If he fails to abide by those terms, Divilbiss will have to return the lump sum and be liable to the university for "any damages or harm arising out of that breach."