Blunt is in trouble

Bugeaters1

Bring Chatrice White back to Nebraska. I wouldn't be mad. Shouldn't have to sit out 2 years for transferring within the BIG if this article is true.

Did I miss something in the article where it said that 4 players have transferred, But it only names 2 of the four. Who are the other 2 players. The article also says that that 4 players graduated when the roster shows 5,  Okay so there is Gleason, Grant, Coleman who is the other 1 that is transferring out?

Did the assistant coach resigning take the fall for the head coach? Allegations of forcing players to play with serious injury and the race relation allegations will no doubt put a huge kink in his recruiting going forward. Hope those girls from Nebraska are pondering a way to get out of there.

If the allegations true, can't imagine anyone wanting to play under those circumstances.

Did the assistant coach resigning take the fall for the head coach? Allegations of forcing players to play with serious injury and the race relation allegations will no doubt put a huge kink in his recruiting going forward. Hope those girls from Nebraska are pondering a way to get out of there.

If the allegations true, can't imagine anyone wanting to play under those circumstances.

That's what it looks like to me Row 6.

Copies of the letters:

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/womens-basketball/2015-05-18/letters-regarding-ui-womens-basketball-program.htm

This guy needs to be fired and banned from coaching. All players should be allowed to transfer and eligible immediately. This is horse sh!t.

What a scum bag this BLUNT is, No wonder I don't like him. Blunt has the the balls to say that the former coaches players came from a losing environment, What is his enviroment?

i believe there is no way Bollant will survive this-----and he shouldn't. the AD may not survive this either.

my gut tells me White waits to see what happens with the head coaching position (a normal reaction). i say that because of past comments she has made about the university. i don't know, at this point, i see her staying at illinois.

that situation is a mess---a big, huge, freakin' mess!

plus, something i don't have a lot of knowledge in, but could coach yori even accept her?

White was starting...so may not have received some of the crud being brought down on some.....but she had to see it going on.

Only she knows what she'll do.....if I were Yori....not sure if I'd take her "back".  Would have to give it a lot of thought.

White would have to sit a B1G year anyway....B1G could give transfers an exception because of the circumstances????  It's got to have the full attention of the league.

But Bollant.....he could face some real legal trouble ...let alone get canned. What a total scum bag way to coach..

Copies of the letters:

http://www.news-gazette.com/sports/illini-sports/womens-basketball/2015-05-18/letters-regarding-ui-womens-basketball-program.htm

This guy needs to be fired and banned from coaching. All players should be allowed to transfer and eligible immediately. This is horse sh!t.

Something like this might adversely affect Illinois' recruiting.  /understatement

Bob White speaks up in favor of both coaches. I think he should have remained mum on the subject.

Bob White, father of All-Big Ten Freshman Chatrice White, and Scott Kirkpatrick, father of incoming 2015 recruit Jaelyne Kirkpatrick, both said they were disappointed to see the shakeup in the Illinois coaching staff and said their interactions with the staff didn’t match the allegations in the letters sent by the families of three former players that jump-started the inquiry into the program.

Bob White was clear in his support of Divilbiss and the Illinois coaches.

“I am terribly disappointed with the Illinois administration for letting Mike go,” White said. “Mike treated these kids as family and loved them. I think he would have given up his own kids for the sake of the players. I know he did. He gave up his family life for the sake of the players.

“I’ll defend Mike. I have no problem, and Chatrice has no problem with his passion and his love of the game. It’s been our approach — by our I mean mine and my wife and Chatrice’s — that you’ve not only got to be physically tough but also mentally tough.

“At some point these 18- to 22-year-old kids have to realize that when they get out in the real world, they’re going to have their boss, their supervisors, their peers express displeasure with the way they’re performing. When a player is not performing to the extent of their ability and the extent of what they’ve been coached, how should a coach handle it?”

Players parents support Bollant