Former Florida assistant Rashon Burno headed to Nebraska

Coach Burno is already proving his value!  thumbsup.gif

Don I maybe missing something here, but how does contacting Coach Barnes prove his value?  Don't get me wrong, I like the hire, if he can get us a big I will like it big time! (yes pun intended).

Sorry Col.  redface.gif  Lest I appear to be 'pumping-up' Coach Barnes (whose area, for better or worse, seems to be 'player development'),  I only thought it might be worth posting because it was re-tweeted by Tim Miles.  

Several recruits have already been attributed to Coach Burno; Melo Eggleston, Paschal Chukwu, & Jalen McDaniels (although apparently not Noah Dickerson as we would like) as well as his reputed contacts (http://board.huskerhoopscentral.com/topic/7519-what-does-burno-add-for-the-2016-class-and-beyond/)

We will have more on which to base his coaching acumen after the season starts.  ;)

Well I said I could be missing something

I guess I am out of the loop...I have never truly understood the angst shown to Barnes.  What has he done to Husker fans that created the supposed issues?

I'm not sure he's done anything to Husker fans in general.  The posters on the board who don't care for him have reasons that are personal to them.  I have mine; they have theirs.  I have posted mine previously but I tried not to make a big deal out of it.  Dean Smith has his, and he has posted about it previously.  Others have theirs.

I don't begrudge those who consider him a friend or a useful source.  That's their business and I can respect it.  Just expect people, in turn, to respect the fact that I have good reasons for why I feel the way I feel.  And I'm willing to leave it at that.  But, I guess, given what people have posted about him on here over time, if you bring up his name on here, don't expect people to hold back.

• 4 weeks later...

Well worth the read, I agree.

"Now, you can find the 5-foot-7 Burno bouncing from office to office in Nebraska’s Hendricks Training Complex, dressed in a black Husker T-shirt with a big red N on the front.

Nebraska fans, you’re going to love this guy. He’s a mover and shaker, a straight-shooter and motivator, and a teacher-recruiter with long and strong relationships.

“There’s a lot to like,” Hurley said. “When he played for me, he was a maniac on the court. He played four years on varsity, which not a lot of kids do here. Tim Miles and Nebraska are going to be very happy to have Rashon.”"

Another OWH article on Rashon Burno contains excellent thoughts on Burno's recruiting.mindset.

"I always try to identify three intangibles... these things need to be there.”

First is effort.

“That needs to be identified on Day 1,” Burno said. “Another thing is whether he’s coachable.

“The last thing is basketball IQ, especially when dealing with a coach like Coach Miles who runs a motion offense. Guys have to know how to read and react and make decisions on the fly...”

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/new-assistant-rashon-burno-s-old-contacts-could-pay-off/article_d34933ac-f9a3-5d0f-b041-c322e8ea79d3.html