2015 PF Noah Dickerson -> Washington

It's highly U realistic to think we are "in it" for Dickerson, but I'm hoping the coaches are trying.

What's better for next year, probably Max. I think starting 2-3 true frosh who can grow together would be beneficial long term.

And that is what i am selling to Noah.

Dont you want to join 2 other pretty good recruits and help build something?

Then you add a guy like Shields and White to the mix... and we are a pretty athletic team

That wouldn't suck... Nebrasketball needs a solid core going forward, if Noah is a part of the team 'great'; if not, there could be an unknown guy out there a la Leslee Smith that would be a serviceable big to provide a veteran presence (could be Bielfeldt or otherwise).

On the 'unknown' front, Rashon Burno did mention that they're attempting to be "creative" with the remaining spot on the roster. Could be intriguing to find out exactly what that means when the time comes, whenever that might be!

hmmmm... dont we have a good science department can they create a genetic clone of Bill Russell, while we wait for Shaq's son to commit...that'd be creative!

I believe that would be considered VERY Creative as in creatorish.

Lee B. asked him about kids he recruited to Florida:

Speaking of recruiting, does Burno have ties to players who might come to Nebraska immediately?

“No, I don’t,’’ he said, chuckling. “I know we’re trying to do some things creatively to get one more player. But the guys I recruited, I think they are all aligned with UF. I wish those guys nothing but the best.’’

Florida retained everyone but Dickerson 

Lee B. asked him about kids he recruited to Florida:

Speaking of recruiting, does Burno have ties to players who might come to Nebraska immediately?

“No, I don’t,’’ he said, chuckling. “I know we’re trying to do some things creatively to get one more player. But the guys I recruited, I think they are all aligned with UF. I wish those guys nothing but the best.’’

Florida retained everyone but Dickerson 

So I take it KeVaughn Allen re-upped his commitment to the new staff at UF.

Guys, with the timing of the Burno hire and Dickerson asking for release from Florida, what are the chances we are just waiting for final confirmation that Dickerson is N? Maybe he's checking on a couple things, but times ticking to pick a school and enroll, especially if you need to get on board with summer classes. I mean, we haven't heard a lick from Dickerson about him 'opening up his recruitment' or different schools he's looking into etc. All we've heard is a list of schools that have called his AAU coach inquiring about him. Maybe it's possible that he already knows where he's going, and maybe that school isn't Nebraska, but maybe it is. Maybe Dickerson is just part of the Burno deal.

Guys, with the timing of the Burno hire and Dickerson asking for release from Florida, what are the chances we are just waiting for final confirmation that Dickerson is N?

The release timing has everything to do with the hiring of White and staff at Florida.

Part of the reason for leaving might have been Burno not being retained though that doesn't necessarily mean he would also follow Burno to Nebraska.

Do you think that this kid commits to Nebraska without stepping foot on campus and do you think he steps foot on campus without all of us knowing it? I don't.

Guys, with the timing of the Burno hire and Dickerson asking for release from Florida, what are the chances we are just waiting for final confirmation that Dickerson is N?

The release timing has everything to do with the hiring of White and staff at Florida.

Part of the reason for leaving might have been Burno not being retained though that doesn't necessarily mean he would also follow Burno to Nebraska.

Do you think that this kid commits to Nebraska without stepping foot on campus and do you think he steps foot on campus without all of us knowing it? I don't.

Dickerson's release may have everything to do with the hiring of White. However, being released means he has to go somewhere else. It is possible that the idea of somewhere else was known by Dickerson beforehand, and in addition to White, was the reason he asked for release. There was a few days lag between the initial rumblings of Burno coming to NU and the hire actually becoming official.

Do i think he commits without stepping foot on campus? Not likely. But it's happened before (Tarin Smith). I think anyway, but doesn't really matter because we all know where he is now. I've seen it asked but don't know if I've seen the answer: does Dickerson have any officials left to take? Or is this something that has to be on his own dime?

I feel like there would be some more smoke, but doesnt seem to be much around this kid.

Not sure if that is good or bac, but i think a lot will be telling based on where Max ends up. If he goes to somewhere other than NU or Indiana, I think we cooled on him... and that makes me think Noah is a possibility.

That being said, i still see Noah being a HUGGGEEE longshot and would be honestly shocked if he even visits here.

Nothing earth shattering here. Talk of Pinder decommitting, there's nothing to suggest Dickserson has any interest, Burno wasn't brought just because he would bring a player or two, and Dickerson would've been a huge bonus. also talk about 4 of the 5 incoming guys being on campus this summer with the exception being McVeigh. Also a little about Petteway working out for the Mavericks.

Hasn't this guy picked someplace else yet?

Good grief.  It's college.  They all have hot chicks who want to bang athletes.  Choose one already.

Does one have to prove he is a college athlete or can one use the Al Bundy line about scoring touchdown in high school?

It's all about the hair-to-gut ratio.  Has your gut gained what your hairline has lost?  If so, you better just be good to your old lady.