2015 PF Noah Dickerson -> Washington

If we have any interest, and we probably do, we wouldn't call his AAU coach.

And not being mentioned by his AAU coach might be an advantage in that Florida grants him a release with restrictions of no conference schools and no schools they think might have tried to influence him to request his release.  And if the AAU coach doesn't mention us, then maybe no one would suspect a thing.  Maybe.  If there's a thing going on.

If we have any interest, and we probably do, we wouldn't call his AAU coach.

And not being mentioned by his AAU coach might be an advantage in that Florida grants him a release with restrictions of no conference schools and no schools they think might have tried to influence him to request his release.  And if the AAU coach doesn't mention us, then maybe no one would suspect a thing.  Maybe.  If there's a thing going on.

No, nobody at UF would suspect a thing.  I mean, it's not like we are literally hiring one of their coaches or anything....

I don't think it's quite that convoluted.

The coach took another job. Florida wants to talk to him before releasing him from his LOI. Given he's never enrolled and the situation, there won't be restrictions.

Adam Zagoria called Dickerson's AAU coach to ask what's up. The coach gave him a list of people who have contacted him. I'm pointing out that we don't need to call his AAU coach to ask about him which is why we're not on this particular list.

Former coaches.  He wasn't retained by the new guy.  He's on the market as a coach and, at around the same time as Donovan leaves, a couple of his recruits ask for releases. 

We know more about our big man needs and the availability of a scholarship than Florida knows about us.  I mean, they might not connect the dots and say, well, Noah, we'll give you a release but you can't follow the assistant coach we didn't retain to wherever he ends up landing.

I don't think it's quite that convoluted.

The coach took another job. Florida wants to talk to him before releasing him from his LOI. Given he's never enrolled and the situation, there won't be restrictions.

Adam Zagoria called Dickerson's AAU coach to ask what's up. The coach gave him a list of people who have contacted him. I'm pointing out that we don't need to call his AAU coach to ask about him.

Right.  And I'm saying that if we did contact the AAU coach, the cat would be out of the bag as far as our interest and the possible influence of our new hire and that might trigger Florida to say, whoa, you get your release but not to go to any conference schools ... or Nebraska either.

Chomping at Bits: Two Florida signees angling for releases? - Alligator Army

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/5/13/8598273/florida-gators-noah-dickerson-kevaughn-allen-nli-release

Noah Dickerson to ask for release, KeVaughn Allen to follow? We have a fuller story on this later this morning, but Dickerson has asked, while Allen just seems poised (and is expected) to do so. Also note in Zagoria's post that Rashon Burno is "in the works" at Nebraska. (Adam Zagoria, ZagsBlog)

(note:  As far as I can tell he has yet to have his "fuller story" up yet)

Chomping at Bits: Two Florida signees angling for releases? - Alligator Army

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2015/5/13/8598273/florida-gators-noah-dickerson-kevaughn-allen-nli-release

Noah Dickerson to ask for release, KeVaughn Allen to follow? We have a fuller story on this later this morning, but Dickerson has asked, while Allen just seems poised (and is expected) to do so. Also note in Zagoria's post that Rashon Burno is "in the works" at Nebraska. (Adam Zagoria, ZagsBlog)

(note:  As far as I can tell he has yet to have his "fuller story" up yet)

Fuller, huh.

Swapping for Nick? ;)

If a player hasn't been released from his LOI, can you contact him directly?  Isn't that why schools contact AAU/HS coaches in the first place?

The more interesting question is can Burno contact him directly.  Burno is not currently an assistance coach with any team, so is this a loophole that might allow him to contact signed recruits directly without being in any violation of rules?

If a player hasn't been released from his LOI, can you contact him directly?  Isn't that why schools contact AAU/HS coaches in the first place?

The more interesting question is can Burno contact him directly.  Burno is not currently an assistance coach with any team, so is this a loophole that might allow him to contact signed recruits directly without being in any violation of rules?

Interesting post, Diehard.  And succinct.   :)   Might be cryptic also, but Norm is the arbiter of that....

So, here's the question: When we ink the final deal with Burno, IF he brings Dickerson with him and this all happens ...

... are you going to wet your pants from excitement?

I mean, I'll probably be jumping up and down so it's a good thing I still have good bladder control.  But others might not be so lucky.

So, here's the question: When we ink the final deal with Burno, IF he brings Dickerson with him and this all happens ...

I mean, I'll probably be jumping up and down so it's a good thing I still have good bladder control.  But others might not be so lucky.

I'm screwed.

Depends!    ;)

Three shows nightly.....be sure and tip your waiters and waitress.

Note that we didn't "hire" Burno until after Dickerson got his official, unrestricted release.  Prior to his release, no coach from another school would have been allowed to talk to him.  Buuuut, Burno wasn't from another school until, hey, today maybe?  So, up until the ink is dry on the Burno contract, he could have (I'm guessing) had unlimited contact with Dickerson.

I don't know that he did.  But I suspect he could have.  Which might have given us a head start over the kudzu crowd.