So, does anyone around here have any pull with the coaches?

I just have a little request.  Very small.

Before you head off to Spain ... can you open your practices up to the public?  Please?

If you hold practices at PBA, there won't be any difficulty accommodating people.

There's virtually nothing your potential future adversaries might be able to learn that would be of any use to them.

But the team is going to have a totally different look.  We haven't seen very much of Jacob Hammond.  We've seen precious little of Andrew White.  And we haven't really seen anything of Morrow, Watson, Jacobson, McVeigh, Evelyn, Gill or whatever potential other recruit you might find after this request is posted.

That basically amounts to 70% of your scholarship roster that fans haven't really seen.

It would be good for the fans to be able to see all these new faces for something other than a brief, running-clock scrimmage.  It would establish some good will with the fans and help to re-generate some interest in the program.

I honestly can't see what possible down-side there would be.

And ... Norm would reeeaaaaallly appreciate it.

Can you make it happen?

Thanks in advance,

Norm

I just have a little request. Very small.

Before you head off to Spain ... can you open your practices up to the public? Please?

If you hold practices at PBA, there won't be any difficulty accommodating people.

There's virtually nothing your potential future adversaries might be able to learn that would be of any use to them.

But the team is going to have a totally different look. We haven't seen very much of Jacob Hammond. We've seen precious little of Andrew White. And we haven't really seen anything of Morrow, Watson, Jacobson, McVeigh, Evelyn, Gill or whatever potential other recruit you might find after this request is posted.

That basically amounts to 70% of your scholarship roster that fans haven't really seen.

It would be good for the fans to be able to see all these new faces for something other than a brief, running-clock scrimmage. It would establish some good will with the fans and help to re-generate some interest in the program.

I honestly can't see what possible down-side there would be.

And ... Norm would reeeaaaaallly appreciate it.

Can you make it happen?

Thanks in advance,

Norm

Somebody please make it happen! What dates (approximately) will these practices be held?

There aren't any events at PBA during that time frame, but I just don't know if they're going to spend the money to practice over there. It costs the athletic department a good chunk of change each time the floor is put down in Pinnacle.

There just isn't the room to have the public come into their practice facility.

Maye they could hold a practice at the Coliseum for the public? 

There aren't any events at PBA during that time frame, but I just don't know if they're going to spend the money to practice over there. It costs the athletic department a good chunk of change each time the floor is put down in Pinnacle.

That would still cost the athletic department money as they would have to rent the courts over there. The department paid rent to the university all the years that volleyball was over there.

That would still cost the athletic department money as they would have to rent the courts over there. The department paid rent to the university all the years that volleyball was over there.

How about holding a practice at the new and improved Bob?

How about holding a practice at the new and improved Bob?

John Cook probably charges rent, too. ;)

I don't see paying to rent PBA for practice time in the summer as being a viable alternative.  Besides, I'd rather see them after they play in Spain rather than before.  By the way, can Gill even go on the Spain trip?

Personally, as an Omaha resident, I'd just like to see the staff let the guys play in the Omaha summer league like Doc did several years ago. 

By the way, can Gill even go on the Spain trip?

I think he could if he enrolled at UNL in the summer and took classes.

When he was interviewed on 93.7 the other day when they asked him, he wasn't even aware of the trip.

Considering we are trying to figure out how the team will fit together next year, I don't really see an advantage to taking Gill unless he's going to be a practice player.