Anton Gill is N

Next question:  Will he be able to travel to Espana with us?

If he's hungry, he can go to Espana any time in Omaha. It's a restaurant. ;)

Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah; that's right, Espana = Spain.  As long as the newest recruits and transfer(s) complete a minimum of 6 credit hrs prior to the foreign trip, I don't see why they couldn't. #GBR

In his year off?

He might consider working on his shooting stroke.

Just sayin'.

Season Averages

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

2014-15 LOU 9.4 1.0-2.7 .353 0.4-1.4 .256 0.2-0.6 .368 0.8 0.5 0.1 0.5 1.0 0.6 2.5 2013-14 LOU 5.7 0.5-1.4 .324 0.3-1.0 .240 0.2-0.5 .333 0.7 0.2 0.0 0.2 0.7 0.1 1.3

Note:  I'm still thrilled with this commit.  Garbage minutes tend to produce skewed stats and this kid obviously wasn't getting much more than garbage minutes for a Louisville team that was loaded with talent.  Still, if there's one obvious area for him to devote attention, it's probably in the shooting department.

Like the seven points he scored seven points vs. NC State in crunch time in the Sweet 16?

2016-2017 Lineup since it was discussed as potent....

PG- Glynn Watson, So

PG/SG-Bakari Evelyn, So

PG/SG- Tai Webster, Sr

SG-Anton Gill, rJr

SF-Andrew White, rSr

SF-Jack McVeigh, So

SF-Isaiah Roby, Fr

SF/PF-Nick Fuller, rJr

PF-Ed Morrow, So

PF-Michael Jacobson, So

PF-Keanu Pinder, Jr

C-Jacob Hammond, Jr

OPEN

That is a very long lineup.

2016-2017 Lineup since it was discussed as potent....

PG- Glynn Watson, So

PG/SG-Bakari Evelyn, So

PG/SG- Tai Webster, Sr

SG-Anton Gill, rJr

SF-Andrew White, rSr

SF-Jack McVeigh, So

SF-Isaiah Roby, Fr

SF/PF-Nick Fuller, rJr

PF-Ed Morrow, So

PF-Michael Jacobson, So

PF-Keanu Pinder, Jr

C-Jacob Hammond, Jr

OPEN

That is a very long lineup.

True.  But if things run according to norm, about 8 of the list above will actually be here the fall of 2016.  That's not meant to be a slam on NU bball.  Just the landscape of DI college basketball these days.

there is this from Washut.

In the end, though, Gill said NU just felt like the right fit for him both on and off the court, and the Huskers' history of producing successful transfer players was one of the top selling points.

"That was a huge part for me," Gill said. "The progress they've made with transfers like Terran Petteway and then Andrew White who's there now, I just wanted to play for a coach who believes in my ability and will be able to help me take my game to the next level."

Look what Terran's success here has led to.   :)

We are missing an important element...a big man in the middle who can defend, and can provide a strong offensive post game.  Hope that missing piece will soon be in place.

assuming we get harris, we'll have 1 open spot for 2016. so i think all our efforts will be on landing a dominant big guy.

IMO this kid has elite athleticism and a very high ceiling.  Like Petteway I think Miles and company will be able to get the most out of him.  I think next year will be rough overall but I really like how the roster is coming together for the future....especially if we can land a couple bigs for defense/rebounding.