Anton Gill is N

Gill chooses the Huksers after visits to Georgetown, ECU

Posted Image

The Huskers landed former top 50 recruit Anton Gill from Louisville who will redshirt in 2015-16 and have 2 years remaining. The 6'3" shooting guard is the son of Anton Gill Sr. who was on the All-CAA Conference team in 1995 and is still the 5th leading scorer in East Carolina history.

Click here to view the article

But technically, Robin, if you're counting Andrew White in the 2015 class won't you have to count Gill in the 2016 class?

Sure, it's a technicality, but still in a couple of years we'll be able to roll out a nearly complete starting lineup of 4* guys.  And who knows?  It might be more, we still have one spot yet to give this year!

Nice!

there is this from Washut.

In the end, though, Gill said NU just felt like the right fit for him both on and off the court, and the Huskers' history of producing successful transfer players was one of the top selling points.

"That was a huge part for me," Gill said. "The progress they've made with transfers like Terran Petteway and then Andrew White who's there now, I just wanted to play for a coach who believes in my ability and will be able to help me take my game to the next level."

mfclap.gif   mfclap.gif   mfclap.gif

While other suiters like Georgetown and East Carolina were both very high on his list, the junior shooting guard and former four-star Rivals150 prospect decided his opportunity with the Huskers was one he couldn't pass up. On Tuesday afternoon, Gill called up NU head coach Tim Miles and verbally committed to Nebraska.

1681842.jpgspacer1.gifAssociated Press spacer1.gifNebraska landed Louisville transfer shooting guard Anton Gill on Tuesday.
"I just knew Nebraska was a great opportunity to accomplish the goals I've set for myself," Gill told HuskerOnline.com. "I've talked with Coach Miles and Coach (Kenya) Hunter a lot, and I'm excited to play for coaches that believe in what they're doing and believe that I can be a big part of that."

https://nebraska.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1763642

In his year off?

He might consider working on his shooting stroke.

Just sayin'.

Season Averages

SEASON TEAM MIN FGM-FGA FG% 3PM-3PA 3P% FTM-FTA FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS

2014-15 LOU 9.4 1.0-2.7 .353 0.4-1.4 .256 0.2-0.6 .368 0.8 0.5 0.1 0.5 1.0 0.6 2.5 2013-14 LOU 5.7 0.5-1.4 .324 0.3-1.0 .240 0.2-0.5 .333 0.7 0.2 0.0 0.2 0.7 0.1 1.3

Note:  I'm still thrilled with this commit.  Garbage minutes tend to produce skewed stats and this kid obviously wasn't getting much more than garbage minutes for a Louisville team that was loaded with talent.  Still, if there's one obvious area for him to devote attention, it's probably in the shooting department.

Coach Hunter needs a raise.  Be very, very appreciative of this guy.....Lead recruiter on Watson, Morrow, White and Gill will turn some heads....

Hear, Hear! mfclap.gif   I've watched him during games.  Very calm, does his coaching quietly and does not seek the limelight or publicity.   Very unheralded - a real :ph34r: kind of person!   A great hire by Coach Miles.  I sure hope we can keep him a long time.