No matter what your views ...

What is compelling to me is that there was some (unknown) amount of personal risk those men took to stand in front of the police like that.  That took courage.  That took convictions.  That's walking the walk.  No matter how you feel about what's happening in Baltimore, you have to look at the picture of those guys "protecting the police" and just say, "wow."

That picture only tells a small part of the story.  There is a small, organized group of 30-50 men in Baltimore who were part of a society which advocate peaceful demonstration which has existed for some time.  When the riots started, these men donned their t-shirts (which were black and I believe had the number "300" printed across their chests) and walked through the streets trying to calm everyone down.  There was footage of the men walking right into the fracas, and I did not see one of them strike another person.  

That picture only tells a small part of the story.  There is a small, organized group of 30-50 men in Baltimore who were part of a society which advocate peaceful demonstration which has existed for some time.  When the riots started, these men donned their t-shirts (which were black and I believe had the number "300" printed across their chests) and walked through the streets trying to calm everyone down.  There was footage of the men walking right into the fracas, and I did not see one of them strike another person.  

I think I seen that shirt, It said 300 men or man march.

on police or riots or uprising or who you think might be right or wrong ...

This is a compelling photograph and I just had to share.

Many of those protecting the police, stopping people from entering/looting stores, stopping the burning of police cars are bloods and crips who have pledged to never commit violent acts against each other from here forward in the city of Baltimore. 

on police or riots or uprising or who you think might be right or wrong ...

This is a compelling photograph and I just had to share.

Many of those protecting the police, stopping people from entering/looting stores, stopping the burning of police cars are bloods and crips who have pledged to never commit violent acts against each other from here forward in the city of Baltimore. 

On an unrelated note, the Iranians have pledged to never build a nuclear weapon.