Will TP succeed as a Pro

Huskerpapa

A bona fide query: How is the hand measured? Thumb to pinkie end? Palm to end of middle finger? One way I measure myself 8 !/2 and the other is 9. Does chronic driving in rush hour traffic cause the middle finger to hypertrophy over the years? Is the glove size used? And how is the glove size determined, anyway? My feet are different sizes so what if the hands are different sizes? Is the bigger hand or the smaller hand used, or do they average them? So many questions.

A bona fide query: How is the hand measured? Thumb to pinkie end? Palm to end of middle finger? One way I measure myself 8 !/2 and the other is 9. Does chronic driving in rush hour traffic cause the middle finger to hypertrophy over the years? Is the glove size used? And how is the glove size determined, anyway? My feet are different sizes so what if the hands are different sizes? Is the bigger hand or the smaller hand used, or do they average them? So many questions.

These questions have been left unanswered for years. "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit." :)

I lay awake last night pondering these questions. How about those with thick, stubby fingers and meaty, hamlike palms. Do they have bigger hand sizes than those like myself who have veiny, skeletoid hands? Somehow I doubt that Petteway has smaller hands than myself, any way you measure them. And who measured him and where is this information found?

Don't think hand size is really that big of a deal.  Unless you can fully palm the ball, all hand sizes are kind of on the same level - not big enough to palm the ball with one hand.  Which is probably the majority of perimeter players in the NBA.  

I think anything that's not abnormally small like the Burger King guy is really of no disadvantage to a guard in the NBA.

Anyone remember a 2-star defensive end Bill Callahan recruited to Nebraska just because he had big hands?

Had to answer my own question.

It was David Harvey.  http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-David-Harvey-29759

Callahan thought the size of his hands would indicate how much he would develop physically.  Like Miles looking at a player's leg hair.  But it wasn't to be.  Development, that is.  Harvey finished his Husker career of 4 seasons plus a redshirt with one career tackle.  Which is one more than I had.

Anyone remember a 2-star defensive end Bill Callahan recruited to Nebraska just because he had big hands?

Had to answer my own question.

It was David Harvey.  http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-David-Harvey-29759

Callahan thought the size of his hands would indicate how much he would develop physically.  Like Miles looking at a player's leg hair.  But it wasn't to be.  Development, that is.  Harvey finished his Husker career of 4 seasons plus a redshirt with one career tackle.  Which is one more than I had.

Callahan also signed Harvey in hopes of also bringing in Harvey's high school teammate A.J. Wallace. Sadly, Harvey and Wallace barely knew each other as Harvey had recently transferred into Wallace's school. I also remember something about Harvey having huge feet.

Mentioned on Grantland today

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-draft-shootaround-whos-your-sleeper-pick/

Jonathan Abrams: I’m going with Nebraska’s Terran Petteway as my sleeper pick. He’ll probably go somewhere in the second round. He likely would have entered the draft in 2014, after leading the Big Ten in scoring, but his mother was fighting cancer — a battle she ultimately lost the day before Petteway planned to declare.

I like Petteway as a sleeper because he plays both ways and can guard multiple positions on the wing. He transferred from Texas Tech to Nebraska in 2012 and sat out the 2012-13 season. Not many players can say they shouldered the burden of the responsibilities for a Big Ten school like Petteway has the past two seasons.