Will TP succeed as a Pro

Huskerpapa

The NBA is all about defense when it comes to developmental guys like TP.  Miles already has a good defensive system, so teams know TP can play defense.  If he shows quickness, good lateral movement, and a long reach, he will get additional looks.  

My biggest issue with TP is that he plays a fairly talent-deep position (3nD SF or combo guard).  The top 3nD SF's are usually 6'8"-6'10" (2-4 inches taller than TP) and the combo guards are usually lightening fast guys who streak up and down the court.  I worry TP is more of a tweener. 

If I were TP, I would try to be a scoring version of Thabo Sefolosha.   

What does 3nD stand for?

A 3andD guy is a guy who shoots a good percentage from 3pt and can guard multiple positions, including locking down a guy.

It used to be you had to sacrifice an offensive position for someone who was just a freak athlete to guard people. But the game has evolved where they have found dudes who can guard, and excel at spot up corner 3's basically.

And I would agree with the poster who said TP has pretty good 3D potential.

Wonder if TP5 would accept the challenge if he's one of the 55 "being considered" for NBA Combine... and, of course, if invited Terran would likely accept that challenge as an ultimate competitor. Will be interesting to find out who;s invited, all told.

His name is on the combine participant list: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/08/2015-nba-draft-combine-participant-list-released-a-few-big-names-noticeably-absent/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Petteway has definitely been helping himself in this game

Sounds like he has been impressive so far......have to think during the year his head just wasn't in it due to his mom's declining health.  No doubt that would be tough to play thru and even for the best players would have an impact on them.  Unfortunate she passed away, but I'm sure he got some closure and can now concentrate 100% on basketball. 

Sounds like he has been impressive so far......have to think during the year his head just wasn't in it due to his mom's declining health.  No doubt that would be tough to play thru and even for the best players would have an impact on them.  Unfortunate she passed away, but I'm sure he got some closure and can now concentrate 100% on basketball. 

I think it really helped he wasn't the primary ball handler. I would have loved to see what he might have done with stronger point guard play here.