Time to see what Miles and this program are built out of...

PimpMario

Cliche, Cliche Cliche!

Can Nebrasketball roll with the punches?

Our back is against the wall!

Can we absorb the hits that keep coming and rebound?

Can we get off the mat after being knocked down?

Every sports cliche ever applies to Miles and Nebrasketball.  It is time to see if this program is ready to fight back or fade to black.

The honeymoon is over.  Lighting in a bottle was caught and fizzled.  Can we fight through it?  Cliche Cliche Cliche.

What do we do as fans?  Do we freak out like a bunch of hens without a strong leader?  or do we look to Tim Miles as our rooster?

I hope the fire inside of Tim Miles hasn't gone out.  I still believe he is the savoir of this program.  I won't put any of the old Nebrasketball $%!T on him and say this is just like so and so year.

Tim Miles puts his pants on one leg at a time and his teams show up to play. He always gives 110% never gives up until the fat lady sings. He still has a rough road ahead but in the end it is what it is.

Jimmy, I really think you hit the nail on the head with this.  At the end of the day, we have to play the hand we're dealt.  I'm sure Miles knows what he's up against.  This ain't his first rodeo, after all.

Some other random cliches come to mind that have no real bearing on this discussion...

We have not yet begun to fight.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

At the end of the day...

As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party.

As horny as a three balled tomcat.

Don't take any wooden nickels.

You guys make me smile.

It is true when it rains it pours, but the is not use in crying over spilt milk especially when that cloud has a silver lining. I am glad we aren't too harsh in Miles because you can judge a book by its cover. I am sure next season tickets will sell like hot cakes!

Some other random cliches come to mind that have no real bearing on this discussion...

We have not yet begun to fight.

When the going gets tough the tough get going.

At the end of the day...

As welcome as a skunk at a lawn party.

As horny as a three balled tomcat.

Don't take any wooden nickels.

lol...I read these and the first thing that came to mind:

Lt. Col. Henry Blake: All right, people, I'm gonna give it to you straight. Starting right here and now, we're all going to have to put our shoulders to the wheel, our noses to the grindstone. We've got to hunker down and pull together, all for one and one for all.

Army Capt. "Trapper John" McIntyre: Welcome to the Henry Blake Cliche Festival.

“I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. Some come from ahead and some come from behind. But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!”

-Dr Seuss-

My father lived by this quote for the last 2 yrs of his life during his battle with cancer. I love these words and will never forget them. I believe they apply here as well. :)

Us Always

GBR