Dear Bo:

Huskerpapa

I realize that you had a strong tie to Doc. That said, I know that you wish for the best for Husker sports including Husker Hoops. This season, and perhaps again next year, the team could use the help of a couple of your players. Please sir, lend us the following players for the second semester for the next two years:

Jeremiah Sirles - Sirles also excelled in basketball and track, helping his team to the state basketball tournament as a senior.

Height 6'6" Weight 310 lbs

Brent Qvale - Qvale was a first-team all-state pick in basketball his last two years of high school. As a senior, he averaged more than 21 points and 12 rebounds per game.

Height 6'7" Weight 315 lbs.

And oh, one more favor Bo, you know that Knevel kid you just recruited, yeah, that 6'9" Canadien...we would like to borrow him as well. Just saying...

You are the man Bo, thanks for the strong consideration.

Respectfully,

Husker Hoops Fans.

Tim Miles wants/needs basketball players. Not these guys.

Umm, have you noticed the lack of depth...These guys, although certainly football first, had very good basketball talent, especially Qvale. Hey, I am not naive, I know it ain't going to happen, but one can't help but dream a bit as we move to the physical play in the Big Ten.

coz. idk if cwg is be serious or heavily sarcastic, but the thought has been stirring around in my brain for a little bit, why not add these two their not out of shape 300+ and i gurantee they are at least conditioned enought to play 10 mintues a game if needed and they have previous experince has stated above by cwg...and you know they all play a little pick up ball whenever possible. Its a thought to have in case Andre or Shavon or David goes down, i mean after that we have Kye and Sergij and than no one...

I can't tell if this thread is serious or not but ill add my two cents. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I used to play basketball back in my school days so I should be added to the roster too. Depth would be nice...if the depth you're adding are basketball players that can contribute something positive for the team. I don't see the point of adding additional bodies that would just add empty numbers. I mean we already have Kurkowski and Vucetic who can't see the floor. If Tim had to he could just play one of these guys. These guys, although not really fit for B1G play, are actual real basketball players who train to play the sport of basketball.

As for the football players "being 300# and in shape" they are in shape to play football. A few seconds of burst at a time. I have the feeling that despite everyone's opinion of Almeida's conditioning, that he would run circles around the 300lb football players running up and down the floor. I know there are a lot of breaks in basketball games as well, but it's still a completely different type of conditioning that is needed. Lastly, I hope I just spent the last 10 minutes of my life responding to a joke.

I can't tell if this thread is serious or not but ill add my two cents. This is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. I used to play basketball back in my school days so I should be added to the roster too. Depth would be nice...if the depth you're adding are basketball players that can contribute something positive for the team. I don't see the point of adding additional bodies that would just add empty numbers. I mean we already have Kurkowski and Vucetic who can't see the floor. If Tim had to he could just play one of these guys. These guys, although not really fit for B1G play, are actual real basketball players who train to play the sport of basketball.

As for the football players "being 300# and in shape" they are in shape to play football. A few seconds of burst at a time. I have the feeling that despite everyone's opinion of Almeida's conditioning, that he would run circles around the 300lb football players running up and down the floor. I know there are a lot of breaks in basketball games as well, but it's still a completely different type of conditioning that is needed. Lastly, I hope I just spent the last 10 minutes of my life responding to a joke.

I do not know what to think about this thread, but do you honestly think that Kye and Serj would beat out these two?

I do not know what to think about this thread, but do you honestly think that Kye and Serj would beat out these two?

I don't know who would beat out who between Kye, Serj, and the football guys. But none of them would see the floor. I don't see why Miles would want 2 more heavy basketball players especially when they are only 6'6" and 6'7". Ubel and Almeida are light years ahead of that pack of 4. It's hard enough for Miles to play Andre but he's the most skilled we have right now. Maybe I should rephrase that by saying that Andre doesn't fit the mold of a player that he would recruit to play in his offense. If Miles could have it his way he would rather have an athletic as heck 6-8 or 6-9 guy with a ridiculous wingspan that can jump through the roof. So I don't see the point of adding 2 beefy short guys whose best purpose would be to push people around down low a little bit. We already have that in Andre and he's way more skilled and has 4 or 5 inches on those football guys.

As mentioned, previously, I am not naive enough to believe this will happen, but Matt Davison, Keith Neubert, Wilson Thomas, and others did double duty for the Huskers...and here is an impressive list of others who have played multiple sports...but again, it is not going to happen, I am just day-dreaming of a way that we could build depth for this year. I guess I am sorry I have offended some...but what the hey, it isn't the first idiotic or moronic thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_multi-sport_athletes

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/KK1VKtgtnnC5rudagyO8YR8eavpJrEcn/survivor-philippines-idiot-moron

Keith Neubert was a basketball player who went out for football after he was done with hoops. He's not like a Wilson Thomas or a Matt Davison who tried their hand at basketball after they were done with the football season.

And I tried finding something on Jamal Turner playing basketball and being ranked higher than in football. In football, he was a Rivals 4-star QB. I have to question the assertion that he was more highly ranked in hoops in high school.

Bo barely let khiry cooper play baseball. I highly doubt he would allow anyone on the current team to play basketball, and none of the lineman would be in good enough shape to play.

I do think that Jamal Turner could contribute more than Peltz.

I don't know, Peltz kind of fits in that Tim Marlowe mold...

Bo barely let khiry cooper play baseball. I highly doubt he would allow anyone on the current team to play basketball, and none of the lineman would be in good enough shape to play.

I do think that Jamal Turner could contribute more than Peltz.

Thing is mostof these guys play pick up rec ball anyways... so what would be the difference?

If you are truly serious, the real question would be, "Are there any seniors without NFL aspirations that may have interest in giving basketball a shot after the bowl game"? Those kids wouldn't need permission of the football coach.

While I normally think this would be silly, you guys could use the depth. If any footballers are interested, why not give it a shot. If they don't get any playing time during games, so what? It doesn't cost a scholarship and it would only be a fix for this year, so you don't have to worry about stunting future development or tying up future scholarships. I kind of like the idea.