PG Bakari Evelyn is N

hhcmatt

I would sure hope he is better than Smith. That would not be all that hard to accomplish though.

Will he be better than T. Smith? Get the best players available. I'd rather give the scholarships to players that can play than take a chance on a big who doesn't pan out.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up being as solid as Tarin was as a freshman. Hope you're right but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this signing.

Right about what? I don't know much about this kid. I just don't think it would be hard to be as good a player as Smith was. Most permiter Big ten recruits should be better than him IMO.

You say that, but we've brought in Vooch, Hawkins, Fuller, Hammond and Parker, and none of them were particularly impressive as freshmen. I'd say Smith easily flashed more talent than everyone on that list. I really don't think you just snap your fingers and bring in more talented players than Smith. Is it impossible? Of course not. But it's far from a given.

EDIT: I noticed you said perimeter recruits. I'm too lazy to change my post, but the point still stands.

I would sure hope he is better than Smith. That would not be all that hard to accomplish though.

Will he be better than T. Smith? Get the best players available. I'd rather give the scholarships to players that can play than take a chance on a big who doesn't pan out.

I will be pleasantly surprised if he ends up being as solid as Tarin was as a freshman. Hope you're right but I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this signing.

Right about what? I don't know much about this kid. I just don't think it would be hard to be as good a player as Smith was. Most permiter Big ten recruits should be better than him IMO.
You say that, but we've brought in Vooch, Hawkins, Fuller, Hammond and Parker, and none of them were particularly impressive as freshmen. I'd say Smith easily flashed more talent than everyone on that list. I really don't think you just snap your fingers and bring in more talented players than Smith. Is it impossible? Of course not. But it's far from a given.

EDIT: I noticed you said perimeter recruits. I'm too lazy to change my post, but the point still stands.

That is fine if you think he was good.  I don't think he was and I have stated that plenty of times.  Dime a dozen type player IMO. 

Sounds like his buddy a 6'7" pf from Arizona that ranked in the rivals 150 at 141 is reopening his commitment from New Mexico and is pleading to get him.

Class of 2016 - decommitted from New Mexico. I think had a Utah offer.

Seems like a guy we would want though I'm not sure he ventures this far from Arizona.

Sounds like his buddy a 6'7" pf from Arizona that ranked in the rivals 150 at 141 is reopening his commitment from New Mexico and is pleading to get him.

Class of 2016 - decommitted from New Mexico. I think had a Utah offer.

Seems like a guy we would want though I'm not sure he ventures this far from Arizona.

Well he has an offer from Creighton so I don't even see it being worth the effort. ;-)