Nebraska will play at Villanova next season as part of the Big East-Big Ten Challenge

I'm still trying to figure out why in the heck we got matched up with Villanova. Just a weird set-up.

lol..that's what all the upset Villanova fans are trying to figure out. We are the last team they want to play.

I think secretly, Nova fans are upset about the match-up because they are scared of us. They would rather take a loss on their home court to the likes of Sparty or the Badgers. When they lose to us, its going to crush their RPI!  :)

I did notice a number of them were upset that isn't a road win....er game for them. Do we know who we are going to play in the ACC/Big 10 Challange this year yet?

A bit of a head scratcher.....seems like we drew the short straw.  I would have thought we would have been lined up with Marquette or St Johns.  

It is kind of exciting getting a big name draw for us.  I'm not surprised their fans aren't thrilled; they have nothing to gain and we have nothing to lose.  Hopefully they play  like it and we come in loose and pull the shocker.   

Matching the two #1 seeds would have made for some real good TV ratings.  

I'm still trying to figure out why in the heck we got matched up with Villanova. Just a weird set-up.

lol..that's what all the upset Villanova fans are trying to figure out. We are the last team they want to play.

I think secretly, Nova fans are upset about the match-up because they are scared of us. They would rather take a loss on their home court to the likes of Sparty or the Badgers. When they lose to us, its going to crush their RPI!  :)

I did notice a number of them were upset that isn't a road win....er game for them. Do we know who we are going to play in the ACC/Big 10 Challange this year yet?

Well, if they use the same criteria the Big 10 and Big East use we should get Duke. Counting Wisconsin that would make 3 number 1 seeds from the previous year on next year's slate, then all we'd have to do is schedule Kentucky and make it a clean sweep.

"These match-ups won't always be geographic; we're going to do them based on competitive parity," Ackerman said. "We'll look at who are expected to be the strongest teams in each league and pair them against each other and sort of tier it, so we get the best match-ups."

They sure are projecting a bounce back year for the Huskers!!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/10882667/big-east-big-ten-hold-challenge-series

Well, if they use the same criteria the Big 10 and Big East use we should get Duke. Counting Wisconsin that would make 3 number 1 seeds from the previous year on next year's slate, then all we'd have to do is schedule Kentucky and make it a clean sweep.

lol..looking at how the Villanova fans are pissed about this game...I'm going to love to see the reaction from the Duke fans if they get us.  Have we even ever played Duke?

lol..looking at how the Villanova fans are pissed about this game...I'm going to love to see the reaction from the Duke fans if they get us.  Have we even ever played Duke?

Not in basketball... and, only once in football [in the '55 Orange Bowl]. Women's hoops beat 'em this past season in their B1G/ACC event at PBA!

There's alot of "cupcake" talk on the VU board for a team that didn't do jack s**t in the Tournament this year, especially for a 1 seed.

I don't know that lack of tournament success smack is exactly the best road to go down with Nova fans.

We've beat a Final Four team two years in a row. We certainly don't sweat the likes of Villanova.