2015 PG Bakari Evelyn -> Nebraska -> Valparaiso -> Iowa

http://www.freep.com/article/20140809/HSS/308090119

I agree that Evelyn and his 28 points in the final were a big reason why Southfield Christian captured its third straight Class D title, but the bottom line is that Evelyn is a good player, not a fantastic player, and going to play for Keener because he has college contacts is a joke.

An article about the transfer of Michigan players outside of the state to prep schools.

Bakari has a legit shot for playing time here as the roster is in flux. However, with Parker established and Watson billed as the real deal it's very possible he doesn't crack the rotation ala Tarin Smith a lot of the year and he gets some chirps in his ear about leaving. You can spin this into a positive or a negative several different ways IMO.

If he can shoot the three with any sort of consistency he might have a better chance at playing time in the 2 spot.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing this video has been posted somewhere, but check this pass at :38. I don't think there's anyone on the roster who can make this pass. Not sure the PG who just left could either.m

Passes from Bakari at 1:45 and 2:53 were also particularly well done as a back-cut feeder & a post feed. Looks like a hidden gem that NU got late!

I'm guessing this video has been posted somewhere, but check this pass at :38. I don't think there's anyone on the roster who can make this pass. Not sure the PG who just left could either.

It appears to me that he is the receiver and not the passer on that play.

That's what my eyes see as well. Bakari is #4 and on that play #1 passes to #4 who finishes.

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2015 PG Bakari Evelyn -> Nebraska -> Valparaiso -> Iowa