Natalie Romeo cited for Marijuana Possession

Fastbreaker

ball's in coach yori's court, now.

I believe this would qualify for the Athletic Department's substance abuse policies.    Positive tests have a protocol, in stages.  Not much, if any, discretion for the coaches under the Department policy.  Obviously this wasn't a positive test, but an eyewitness account followed by a player admission.  I assume this would trigger the Department handling (vs. coach discretion), but don't know that for a fact.  First offense doesn't have severe sanctions.  If this doesn't happen again she should be fine.  

My quote reply doesn't work so I have to reply this way. If this is so how did Gregory get away with his failed drug tests? Or was the reason he missed a couple of games due to the fact that he he had failed them.

As far as I know the Department protocol was followed with him  on the first 2 positive tests.  He just got lucky, or didn't get tested, in December prior to the bowl game.  

I do not condone the usage of marajuana.  However, it is unrealistic to expect students not to use the drug.  I would imagine there will be some team discipline but not dismissal.  Hopefully, there will not be repeat offenses though that thinking may make me somewhat of a Pollyanna.

The comparison to Woodbury is a little bit of a stretch. With Rebecca it started right away. She came in to out shape to play. A couple more issues after that. In her case it was the last straw.

I do not expect Natalie be given the hook, but with Connie I expect a pretty stout penalty.

As a father of three girls, I would demand a harsh penalty for my own daughters.

I would love the colonel to chime in on this one