2019 PF Akol Arop - LOI

hhcmatt

1 hour ago, khoock said:

Yes i just posted it in Aguek Arops thread before i saw your post here. 

Apparently his jump shot has improved alot. Kudos to him for working on his weaknesses.

I am calling that we will deeply regret not following through with our own commitment to his brother. For multiple reasons. 

14 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Meh... when we parted ways, he was no where near where we needed him to be.  If he has worked on improving his game, great for him, maybe he will earn another Husker offer if the bridge ain't burned.  But I don't regret calling a spade a spade at the time.  

But Thorir is? 

1 minute ago, basketballjones said:

But Thorir is? 

Was Aguek willing to come back in July/August?  Or did we take Thorir because he was the best available.  I don't know whether I would have Thorir or Aguek as they are both projects.  But at the time, it wasn't an Aguek for Thorir trade off.  That would be like saying we traded Dube for Morrow.

22 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Was Aguek willing to come back in July/August?  Or did we take Thorir because he was the best available.  I don't know whether I would have Thorir or Aguek as they are both projects.  But at the time, it wasn't an Aguek for Thorir trade off.  That would be like saying we traded Dube for Morrow.

I see how you took my comment that way - as in a trade - but that’s not what I meant. 

Where many people like myself are growing frustrated with husker Basketball recruiting (for 15 years now), is we’ll take a shot with some random from Alabama or Iceland, but never with a local kid. 

A “not where he needs to be” Arop is and was 2x the player Thorir is. I’m sorry, I won’t back down on that. 

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:24 PM, basketballjones said:

I am calling that we will deeply regret not following through with our own commitment to his brother. For multiple reasons. 

I think it's easy to say that now, but when was the last time you saw a guy who couldn't shoot as a senior in high school suddenly develop a jumper the summer after high school?

This is pretty remarkable.

50 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think it's easy to say that now, but when was the last time you saw a guy who couldn't shoot as a senior in high school suddenly develop a jumper the summer after high school?

This is pretty remarkable.

This, "AA couldn't shoot," thing is overblown and I'm not sure it was fair. I watched him play as a freshman, some during late junior year, and as a senior, and he had a silky smooth jumper from the midrange. Killed teams in the high post. The tools and foundation were there. He also locked down Ed Chang when I saw them two match-up. 

1 minute ago, noahjb24 said:

We told him to go to prep school and he went there regardless. Not just our fault, he was hard headed too

Some interesting logic there. 

You have no idea if he goes to prep school if we didn't start this situation so late. If he had the entire summer before his senior year to re-open his recruitment, you have no idea what could have come of this. 

1 hour ago, basketballjones said:

You have no idea if he goes to prep school if we didn't start this situation so late. If he had the entire summer before his senior year to re-open his recruitment, you have no idea what could have come of this. 

And yet, 15 months and three national signing periods later, he remains uncommitted.

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Do you?  Because you seem to be saying you do know something but aren't/won't willing to tell us.  Just the vibe I am getting.  But then I also thought I was going to be rich and handsome by now and I am 0 for 2 on that too.:huh:

13 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Do you?  Because you seem to be saying you do know something but aren't/won't willing to tell us.  Just the vibe I am getting.  But then I also thought I was going to be rich and handsome by now and I am 0 for 2 on that too.:huh:

True, I am basing everything that I say off of what I know.  If I don't know something, I would be willing to look at differing sides of something.

And Silver, I know one special lady that probably thinks you are both!

Edited by hskr4life