2019 PF Akol Arop - LOI

hhcmatt

My friend coached against him this year, and he put up 36 points.  He got the majority of his points off of offensive rebounds.  

With that said my friends team won the game... final score was 42-39.  

I'm not saying anything against Akol's game, because the kid is amazing.  He is just a one kid show at this point.  I think we need to see what he does in an actual team environment before we start calling him the second coming.

I'd still like it if he follows his brother though :D  

Well I had always heard that different schools here in Lincoln didn't openly recruit, but it is amazing how some really good athletes in different sports go to schools outside the district they live in.

Now it might be because of the open enrollment that we have here in Lincoln. One can basic "choose" which high school to,go to as an incoming freshman. There are papers to fill out, but it isn't all that big of a deal. My oldest did it for academic reasons and his brothers were then kind of grandfathered in.

Heck Jessica Shepard was at Southeast while her brother was starting at East. And I remember two brothers getting red cards for a dust up on the soccer field when the two different schools they went to played each other. so....

"Nice to see the public schools fighting back for a change."

"Not if you don't get caught."

Careful guys.  This could open up a nasty debate on both topics!

Spot on Navin, spot on.

For those who do not think this happens is a bit naive...and, if you do not believe college coaches have an influence on where a talented kid ends up, I would categorize that as naive as well. 

Sounds like quite a recruiting war going on between South and Prep.  Which I think is illegal in high school!

By definition, isn't every kid that attends Prep recruited?  How is that illegal?

I sure wasn't...

Of course, I was a guy on the bleachers cheering when it came to hoops...and later the Huskers.

Sounds like quite a recruiting war going on between South and Prep.  Which I think is illegal in high school!

By definition, isn't every kid that attends Prep recruited?  How is that illegal?

I sure wasn't...

Of course, I was a guy on the bleachers cheering when it came to hoops...and later the Huskers.

Well someone was recruited on your behalf then!  Since private schools don't have a natural geographic neighborhood for which they get kids automatically, every kid is essentially recruited in some way (advertising, etc.)

I didn't go to prep, but I did go to a private school.  Believe me, my junior high years I was inundated with recruiting materials and solicitations from every private school around and I was no athlete!

I sure wasn't...

Well someone was recruited on your behalf then!  Since private schools don't have a natural geographic neighborhood for which they get kids automatically, every kid is essentially recruited in some way (advertising, etc.)

I didn't go to prep, but I did go to a private school.  Believe me, my junior high years I was inundated with recruiting materials and solicitations from every private school around and I was no athlete!

Well they want the brightest also.;)

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Section_316 said:

Has this kid gotten any offers yet?

I saw his brother, former Husker commit turned prep school fiasco was offered by Memphis yesterday and had Creighton out to see him last week. Sounds like he has put in a ton of work. 

Yes i just posted it in Aguek Arops thread before i saw your post here. 

Apparently his jump shot has improved alot. Kudos to him for working on his weaknesses.