Transfer F Tyler Harris (Providence) -> Auburn

the problem here is that we'd probably need harris to play Center like pitchford did, and Harris is even smaller than pitchford.

He is not a center. He's skinny and likes to shoot outside. He'd be strictly a swap for TP.

TP or WP... If TP I'd take that any day of the week... WP I wouldn't be quite as happy

the problem here is that we'd probably need harris to play Center like pitchford did, and Harris is even smaller than pitchford.

He is not a center. He's skinny and likes to shoot outside. He'd be strictly a swap for TP.

I don't even think it is a switch as Pitchford is much beefier and has the size to be a center (the issue was want to).  Harris just doesn't have the same body type.  He would be a good PF that could play significant minutes while Morrow adjusts to the college game, but he probably wouldn't solve the lack of a big man problem.

he's 6'9 225. he'd be the second tallest player besides hammond on our roster.

I know he's not a center, but that's where he'd play on our current roster

he's 6'9 225. he'd be the second tallest player besides hammond on our roster.

I know he's not a center, but that's where he'd play on our current roster

As long as he can ball with the best of 'em, doubt we need to worry too much about labels in Miles' system. Now, rebounding is whole 'nother story... gotta be able to do that all-out, every night!

I have a feeling Tim would be willing to put up with the "headache" (if he is that), for just one season. 

No doubt. People all over the place said a lot of things about Terran being that prior to his arrival in Lincoln.  If they're talented enough, they're worth it even when doses of ibuprofen may be needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so sure about him.  I have been doing some research and sounds like he wants to go somewhere that he can use as a springboard to nba. The Providence coaches weren't upset when he decided to leave, his dad may be overbearing, etc.  He visited Iowa St last week and sounds like they want Bielfeldt transfer from Michigan more.  UConn lost interest after they got Shon Miller.  He has talent just not sure about what he would do for team chemistry. 

The big issue with Harris will be chemistry and motivation which was an issue ala Pitchford. Harris also spent his first year at Providence starting every single game and being a big part of their success. After starting in the first part of last season, he started coming off the bench and seeing his playing time decrease...and we're talking about a fringe NBA player with a brother in the NBA.

On the upside, he can play and score inside but also can run the floor and can shoot from outside. He's a guy that could come in next year and play 30 minutes per game for us as our starting 5 or 4. It's very possible the change of scenery and the last chance to improve his draft stock will be a positive motivator. He's easily more talented than WP...the guy he is essentially replacing.

Here are his highlights from 2013-14. You can see him take the ball the entire length of the court and finish past Brown's Maia like he wasn't there around the 40 second mark.

The big issue with Harris will be chemistry and motivation which was an issue ala Pitchford. Harris also spent his first year at Providence starting every single game and being a big part of their success. After starting in the first part of last season, he started coming off the bench and seeing his playing time decrease...and we're talking about a fringe NBA player with a brother in the NBA.

On the upside, he can play and score inside but also can run the floor and can shoot from outside. He's a guy that could come in next year and play 30 minutes per game for us as our starting 5 or 4. It's very possible the change of scenery and the last chance to improve his draft stock will be a positive motivator. He's easily more talented than WP...the guy he is essentially replacing.

Here are his highlights from 2013-14. You can see him take the ball the entire length of the court and finish past Brown's Maia like he wasn't there around the 40 second mark.

This will be his last chance on the college level....and to show he is NBA worthy via the draft.  And we have minutes to offer....thus, if we land him I suspect both parties will be happy.  Would be a very nice pickup for us.  Hoping for the best.