Illinois arena reconstruction

49r

Okay, so Illinois made the NIT field and as a #3 seed they are technically the home team in their first round game.

But since their arena looks like this right now:

10527337_10155319888150331_5901527681974

They will be playing on the road against Alabama.  Who just fired their coach.

Might be an interesting game.

Thanks for the pic, 9er. That is an extreme home makeover~! ;)

Okay, so Illinois made the NIT field and as a #3 seed they are technically the home team in their first round game.

But since their arena looks like this right now:

10527337_10155319888150331_5901527681974

They will be playing on the road against Alabama.  Who just fired their coach.

Might be an interesting game.

They're going to have a hard time making baskets with that heavy machinery in the way.

Illinois is doing a great job of making media available on this project, which I love because I'm kind of a facilities fan.  Here is the latest update from Youtube:

Glad that the Illini are revamping it instead of tearing the whole thing down. Same goes for the Devaney Center, which seems like a 'minor' reno based on the work they're doing at the State Farm Arena! lol

Okay I know the most recent few posts have been *REALLY* off topic, and maybe dimes can break this conversation out into a new thread to get back on track in this one, but I just wanted to post this vid.  Illinois just put up a new progress vid on their reno project.

Okay I know the most recent few posts have been *REALLY* off topic, and maybe dimes can break this conversation out into a new thread to get back on track in this one, but I just wanted to post this vid.  Illinois just put up a new progress vid on their reno project.

With all the night lights, destruction and big machines...I keep looking around for the Terminator. 

• 1 year later...

I would imagine it has a finer pixel pitch than our PBA scoreboard, the screens look bigger and the cylinder section at the bottom is most definitely bigger, but yes, the overall layout is pretty much identical.

That and it is on the floor, which could cause trouble for visiting teams till they get the hang of getting around it.  I am sure the Illini will be very good at home this year. ;)