A lazy question on Miles recruiting

jimmykc

I could look this up but am too lazy. Someone here will know this. I must admit I get Jahlil Okafor and Jabari Parker mixed up since they both played in Chicago before going to Duke. Which one visited NU because of "Chin" and raved about the facilities? And as a secondary question, is "Chin" still at Illinois? And who is responsible for the Chicago area in recruiting now? And are there any more big men in Chicago we are interested in?

I could look this up but am too lazy. Someone here will know this. I must admit I get Jahlil Okafor and Jabari Parker mixed up since they both played in Chicago before going to Duke. Which one visited NU because of "Chin" and raved about the facilities? And as a secondary question, is "Chin" still at Illinois? And who is responsible for the Chicago area in recruiting now? And are there any more big men in Chicago we are interested in?

Jahlil Okafor visited NU with his AAU teammates.  I don't think Parker every visited but I could be wrong.  As 49 said I would guess Moliniari is responsible for Chicago based on his ties to the area.

We are in on Barret Benson which is on the outskirts of Chicago.  He is a good looking prospect but most guess he will sign with Illinois when it's all said and done.  Played on the same AAU team as Glynn Watson if I recall. 

http://247sports.com/Player/Barrett-Benson-31584?Institution=10392

Parker did not visit.  Chin may have made a difference here if he would have stayed.  He had great ties to the windy city.  Yet with that said, we still got two of the top five players from Chicagoland this year, and we have an Illinios resident on the books (Isaiah Roby) and we are chasing at least two more, Jerry Myles and Barret Benson for the next recruiting cycle.  Others like Eron Gordon also has ties to that area.

So again, Chin may have made a difference, then again, perhaps not :)