2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

8 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Sucks that him or his “group” would never admit that Miles was right. For the record I think he was wrong(shoulda just offered him and redshirted him IMO) 

he still has no power 5 offers even after a year in prep school. i think we dodged a bullet. i don't think he has the perimeter skills to play at a power 5 school and is too undersized to play inside.

7 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

he still has no power 5 offers even after a year in prep school. i think we dodged a bullet. i don't think he has the perimeter skills to play at a power 5 school and is too undersized to play inside.

We took Thor.  I can watch video of Aguek and see that he could help. He’s added some good weight to his frame.

4 hours ago, nustudent said:

In hindsight, should’ve just kept him 

Time will tell.  What time has told me was Miles was 100% correct that the kid needed a year in Prep School to improve.  Think a certain Omaha coach owes Miles an apology.

Edited by colhusker

2 hours ago, colhusker said:

Time will tell.  What time has told me was Miles was 100% correct that the kid needed a year in Prep School to improve.  Think a certain Omaha coach owes Miles an apology.

He did need another year.  Then again, not sure that open scholie and/or Thor was worth the backlash and not having him 

It’s sad an unfortunate how things have worked out with this player.

But, heck, it’s not like the Ómaha Metro has produced a bunch of basketball studs recently, according to the local D-1schools.  For example, last year the Huskers and Jays, combined, had a total of one scholarship player from the Metro on their teams, and neither has one coming in this year.  UN-O, on its 16-man roster last year, had only three Metro players.

And, by the way, here’s an interesting phenomenon: when the Huskers excel at a sport (e.g., football and volleyball), lots of teams in the region (both high school and college) benefit by getting better and excelling too.  But that hasn’t happened in basketball—not that Nebrasketball has excelled, and Jay’s success doesn't seem to bear that fruit.  But here’s guessing that if Nebrasketball can ever get it together and sustain success, that too will change.

9 hours ago, Swan88 said:

It’s sad an unfortunate how things have worked out with this player.

But, heck, it’s not like the Ómaha Metro has produced a bunch of basketball studs recently, according to the local D-1schools.  For example, last year the Huskers and Jays, combined, had a total of one scholarship player from the Metro on their teams, and neither has one coming in this year.  UN-O, on its 16-man roster last year, had only three Metro players.

And, by the way, here’s an interesting phenomenon: when the Huskers excel at a sport (e.g., football and volleyball), lots of teams in the region (both high school and college) benefit by getting better and excelling too.  But that hasn’t happened in basketball—not that Nebrasketball has excelled, and Jay’s success doesn't seem to bear that fruit.  But here’s guessing that if Nebrasketball can ever get it together and sustain success, that too will change.

There are enough bodies in Omaha that the metro should produce at least a couple legit Div 1 basketball players every other year or so.

10 hours ago, nustudent said:

He did need another year.  Then again, not sure that open scholie and/or Thor was worth the backlash and not having him 

Im excited to see what Thor can bring to the table, will be nice to have alil euro flare on the wing I think offensively. Defensively just gotta be adequate 

• hhcmatt changed the title to 2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St
19 hours ago, nustudent said:

I agree that we should have probably brought him on board and see what we had after a year or two. I wouldn’t trade him for Thor though, I think that kid is going to surprise some people.