2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

Oklahoma really learned their lesson when they retracted their offer to Hammond. I don't know if they will ever recover.

That said, I think it would have been best for both parties if Arop had taken the prep school offer.

Honestly I think if Aguek had said yes to the prep school option, it could have ended up even worse for Miles. Imagine if he goes and joins the team in '17, and its still clear to the staff he is not a big10 player.... let's just say that would not have been pretty.

Developing a guard skillset when you were a power forward as an underclassmen is really difficult. I saw him play before his knee injury and he did not look anything like a perimeter player. It has been awhile since then so I want to see him play sometime this winter. Still, I'll be surprised if he gets offers from schools outside of the Summit/MVC/WAC/ the bottom feeders of the American.

Honestly I think if Aguek had said yes to the prep school option, it could have ended up even worse for Miles. Imagine if he goes and joins the team in '17, and its still clear to the staff he is not a big10 player.... let's just say that would not have been pretty.

I think it's easy enough to see his floor as a taller Benny Parker. If he ends up only being that level of player there logistically is more room at the end of the bench in 2018.

I'm not sure why we need to villainize anyone in this entire episode. TM did what he had to do. Chubick Sr. and Aguek have their own take on the situation.

TM has a million-dollar contract, so maybe part of his job is taking the heat for his action but we've watched him for four years and it's pretty obvious he's a good guy. Why does he all of a sudden have to be seen as some sort of rabid dog?

As for trying to paint Chubick Sr. and Aguek as the bad guys here, give me a break. it's a high school coach and a 17-year-old kid who don't have million-dollar contracts. Two months ago everybody thought they were saints and now they're the scheming Mortimer and Randolph Duke?  

Then there's Dirk. Is it really necessary to pile on him too? Yeah, go ahead.

THIS!   thumbsup.gif

One thing I don't see talked about enough (by fans And hs coaches) is: What is Best for Aguek? (and it may not necessarily be what Aguek thinks is best!)

I suppose there's a possibility he could still go the Prep School route.

On 8/23 @ 6 AM I laid myself down for what turned into an 8 hour surgery where they split your chest and pull out your heart (yes, they did confirm I still have one) and try to fix it.

Then I spent the next 4 days unconscious and the last few getting up enough strength to read this board.

I am not sure whether this topic or the hospital was more painful.

I picked a great time to take a nap!

Take it easy, trickey. We'll hold down the fort while you rest up for November 13th! GBR

On 8/23 @ 6 AM I laid myself down for what turned into an 8 hour surgery where they split your chest and pull out your heart (yes, they did confirm I still have one) and try to fix it.

Then I spent the next 4 days unconscious and the last few getting up enough strength to read this board.

Get well

Goodness.  Take care and continue your road to full recovery!

Hang in there, Trickey.  I like your priorities--first thing on the agenda--get on HHC.  Well done.  Wish you the best.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates on his recruiting?

Still only know of offers from Denver and UNO.

I was at South High last week and had heard that Creighton and Iowa State had said they wanted him real bad but it was so late they didn't have room or some bs (this was from faculty members not anyone from the South High coaching staff). I'm 99.9% sure that it is all talk and no actual substance. But wanted to see what everyone else has been hearing.

Would love to know if any schools outside of the Summit League have even considered a glimpse at Aguek. Teddy Allen and Isaiah Chandler seem to have stolen all of his thunder in Omaha and in the headlines. Maybe the Omaha media realized Miles did the right thing.. 

WHAT? You mean Chubick overreacted to all of this?  ;)

Would love to know if any schools outside of the Summit League have even considered a glimpse at Aguek. Teddy Allen and Isaiah Chandler seem to have stolen all of his thunder in Omaha and in the headlines. Maybe the Omaha media realized Miles did the right thing.. 

I don't think that there were many significantly questioning whether Aguek was capable of playing at the power conference level; the issue was always more about the timing, shopping him behind his back, and denying the "shopping" when asked about it.

I don't think that there were many significantly questioning whether Aguek was capable of playing at the power conference level; the issue was always more about the timing, shopping him behind his back, and denying the "shopping" when asked about it.

"Shopping Arop" is something that Chubbick put out there on the radio. Considering that Miles and staff cannot comment on recruits you cannot say that Miles and staff has denied this.

"Shopping Arop" is something that Chubbick put out there on the radio. Considering that Miles and staff cannot comment on recruits you cannot say that Miles and staff has denied this.

Sure he can...he's a lawyer from Creighton so he can pretty much say whatever he wants.  Isn't that right Tom?

Sure he can...he's a lawyer from Creighton so he can pretty much say whatever he wants.  Isn't that right Tom?

Lawyer?  As in Atty?

• 2 weeks later...

For anybody who cares, I've been at South the past few weeks and will be there for the rest of the month and at the moment I've heard UNO will be hard to beat for Arop. This is where he is leaning as of now, but he is open to somewhere else if better offers come around. Don't know how accurate it is but just thought  I'd share.

2 minutes ago, khoock said:

For anybody who cares, I've been at South the past few weeks and will be there for the rest of the month and at the moment I've heard UNO will be hard to beat for Arop. This is where he is leaning as of now, but he is open to somewhere else if better offers come around. Don't know how accurate it is but just thought  I'd share.

I suspect part of the reason Arop committed so early is that he didn't want to be too far away from home so certainly makes a lot of sense.  Also it looks like he could play SF or even PF on that roster which fits his current game.  They have 2 schollies to give so I think he can afford to slow play this one a bit.