2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

My understanding of the situation was that Bruce Sr. was the one to initially bring up the extra year of prep school due to Arop only being in his "junior " development wise due to his injury. The NU staff must have thought this was a good idea and proposed moving his scholarship to 2018. Obviously Arop and his family didn't have the same appreciation for the plan and decided to walk. Now Bruce Sr. is out going to bat for his.player in the media. Which I think he should but it certainly could have been handled better especially if it was his idea originally. The NU staff is handcuffed in this situation and can't really respond publicly. So everyone runs with what they hear from Bruce Sr. and the narrative gets carried away and passed on as absolute truth. I have a feeling the truth lies somewhere closer to the middle.

I believe Bruce Sr. Might have mentioned it to the NU staff and they thought it over and proposed it to Arop. Arop is upset and his coach backs him up in public. Backlash ensues. Message boards run wild with speculation and now NU and it's staff are the most hated people in Omaha according to a couple of posters. The end.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My understanding of the situation was that Bruce Sr. was the one to initially bring up the extra year of prep school due to Arop only being in his "junior " development wise due to his injury. The NU staff must have thought this was a good idea and proposed moving his scholarship to 2018. Obviously Arop and his family didn't have the same appreciation for the plan and decided to walk. Now Bruce Sr. is out going to bat for his.player in the media. Which I think he should but it certainly could have been handled better especially if it was his idea originally. The NU staff is handcuffed in this situation and can't really respond publicly. So everyone runs with what they hear from Bruce Sr. and the narrative gets carried away and passed on as absolute truth. I have a feeling the truth lies somewhere closer to the middle.

I believe Bruce Sr. Might have mentioned it to the NU staff and they thought it over and proposed it to Arop. Arop is upset and his coach backs him up in public. Backlash ensues. Message boards run wild with speculation and now NU and it's staff are the most hated people in Omaha according to a couple of posters. The end.

Agree. I remember the first time I believed everything I read on the Internet. Then I saw an article about how North Korea landed on the sun...

I have heard similar to this and heard it a month ago.

I guess I am more concerned about what Bruce Jr. thinks than Bruce Sr. 

They both coach at Omaha South, by the way. Sr. is the head coach.

Oh yes, I know.  But junior once posted on this board and he is a Husker through and through.  I have heard his Dad chirp about this, but I haven't heard junior say a word.  Perhaps he did and I missed it. 

Oh yes, I know.  But junior once posted on this board and he is a Husker through and through.  I have heard his Dad chirp about this, but I haven't heard junior say a word.  Perhaps he did and I missed it. 

I wouldn't fault Chubrock one way or the other on what he did in this situation. 

I'm new here, but I can tell you with certainty that Chubick, Sr. was 100 percent for Arop going to prep school when the player, coach and Tim Miles met in Miles' office last week. "A great idea!" is what Chubick said. He obviously flipped. Problem is, Miles didn't know he flipped until Chubick aired his thoughts to the media. Miles was floored. Had Miles known Chubick was so vehemently against prep school, he would have presented another option. But last he'd talked to Chubkick, he was on board.

On Sharpe and Benning this morning they said Arop and Nebraska are parting ways.

Miles didn't know he flipped until Chubick aired his thoughts to the media.

There is the million dollar question: why didn't Arop come back and what would the answer had been in turning down the option for prep school and did he have a commit-able offer for 2017?

With the way that we have told guys in the past before that we were never going to play them but in the end didn't cut them (Parker, Fuller) I'm leaning towards Arop still having that scholarship today if he pressed back. I could be wrong though.

I wouldn't fault Chubrock one way or the other on what he did in this situation. 

Chubrock?!

You must have one hella spellchecker.

Chubrock?!

That's code for Chubick Jr

That information about Chubick really changes things. I didn't think this was a huge deal to begin with, as in it will probably only affect the next 1-2 Omaha recruiting cycles for NU. It sounds like he flipped when Aguek made it known he didn't want to explore prep school as an option. He himself thought it was a good idea...he probably got mad when they made his offer conditional on his participation in prep school. Or something. Idk. That is really bizarre, through his interviews he sounded mostly like an even keeled guy, except for the whole 'all bridges are forever burned' comment.

Chubrock?!

That's code for Chubick Jr

Never heard that one before. I prefer Chubs the Sequel.

When Dirk Chatlain says something asinine and gets called out on it, apparently his response is to go double-or-nothin' on the stupid.  He had this beauty of a line in today's column:

"Arop, in my opinion, is comparable to Ed Morrow."

What?!?!?!?!?!?  Someone get that man a drug test.

When Dirk Chatlain says something asinine and gets called out on it, apparently his response is to go double-or-nothin' on the stupid. He had this beauty of a line in today's column:

What?!?!?!?!?!? Someone get that man a drug test.

Dirk is so hit or miss on his articles. This story he's way out of the loop. He also looks for anything to stir the pot. It's what he's done for years and will continue to do.

Dirk will be dirk and we all will move on from his way out in left field takes.

When Dirk Chatlain says something asinine and gets called out on it, apparently his response is to go double-or-nothin' on the stupid.  He had this beauty of a line in today's column:

What?!?!?!?!?!?  Someone get that man a drug test.

I knew not to look earlier at this hacks article, I really knew, but it's like a train wreck or a car accident.  He needs to remember where he works and that my Classy Freddie Blassie fits.

I can kinda see why he made the Arop - Morrow comparison at first glance but it's not a very thorough comparison. Both:

-are good rebounder

-can dunk on anybody (at their respective levels)

-aren't known to be able to score away from the rim.

in the sense that they're both undersized big men, Ed probably has close to 3 inches on Aguek. That is a world of difference

I can kinda see why he made the Arop - Morrow comparison at first glance but it's not a very thorough comparison. Both:

-are good rebounder

-can dunk on anybody (at their respective levels)

-aren't known to be able to score away from the rim.

in the sense that they're both undersized big men, Ed probably has close to 3 inches on Aguek. That is a world of difference

And a taaaadd more muscle!

Both- Reside in the Midwest

Like to Play the sport of Basketball

Probly like American cuisine

Are above the average height for the American male

Differences : Ed, recruited by the cream of the crop schools rivals one hundred potential all big ten player

See, they're basically the same person.

;)  :wacko:  :blink:  :ph34r:

I'm not sure why we need to villainize anyone in this entire episode. TM did what he had to do. Chubick Sr. and Aguek have their own take on the situation.

TM has a million-dollar contract, so maybe part of his job is taking the heat for his action but we've watched him for four years and it's pretty obvious he's a good guy. Why does he all of a sudden have to be seen as some sort of rabid dog?

As for trying to paint Chubick Sr. and Aguek as the bad guys here, give me a break. it's a high school coach and a 17-year-old kid who don't have million-dollar contracts. Two months ago everybody thought they were saints and now they're the scheming Mortimer and Randolph Duke?  

Then there's Dirk. Is it really necessary to pile on him too? Yeah, go ahead.