2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

Question for all the Miles supporters: Does it matter to you at all that this basically ends our chances of signing a kid like Chang-- who is going to be a stud. Arops younger brother-- who is going to be a big time stud-- and other Omaha kids?? And if you say it won't affect those relationships--- you are outside your mind crazy.

Whats wrong with having your 'Nick Fuller' be an instate kid from the best Program in the state who is insanely popular with the top level recruits coming out of that city in the next 2-3 years?? Are we even going to fill his scholarship? Or just carry one over again?

Your sunshine pumping koolaid drinking naive comments are EXACTLY why our program has been trash and will continue to be....

My question is outside of Bruce Chubbick Sr and certain media, are the people directly involved with this truly upset/angered at Miles for this or more just disappointed? Is Arop himself pissed off at Miles or is he more upset/disappointed with the circumstances?
They're pissed. Really pissed. The Omaha AAU community is pissed, Chubick and HS coaches are pissed and the Sudanese community is really pissed. How often do you think Chauncy Billips goes on local talk shows? As Benning said yesterday (and his kid is in the AAU scene, so he would know), "Miles may never recover (in terms of recruiting) from the Omaha metro over this." Chubick, who obviously has long ties to the Nebraska program, said all "bridges have been burned" as far as he is concerned.
Ok so they're pissed. Pissed off an entire city which may produce a legit P5 talent once a decade. I think at this point Miles realizes he has to make it without Omaha or not make it at all. Arop wasn't some program changer that was going to carry us over the top. I'm not sure Miles cares or can afford to care that he pissed off the Omaha bball scene. His staffs recruiting has made major headway in other much more talent rich cities such as Chicago. A perceived bad PR move in Bluejayland isn't going to lose him the job, but not winning will. Bottom line, Arop being on the squad next year wasn't going to help him win but another stud recruit may.
There are two kids from Omaha at Creighton and one playing at Georgetown with a fourth currently playing at Papio and a fifth playing at Boystown.

Ok so Agau had his chance here. Twice. I won't talk about the Creighton guys. And I did say 'legit P5 talent'.

Khryi Thomas and Justin Patton are both legit P5 talents.

Anybody know what kind of interest Arop is pulling? I've heard Denver has offered and that's about it. If he falls to a Summit League caliber school UNO has to grab him. There's enough low to mid level D1 talent in this 2017 class where UNO could fill their whole class without leaving the state. (Arop, Wingett, Chandler, Strom, Akinwole)

I don't follow offers and such very much but I'm guessing he'd totes would have a stack of offers but everyone was told to back off and now Miles screwed him over and whatnot. I mean now he might have to go to a juco or god forbid a prep school to drum up interest... :ph34r:

I have to think that the possibility of going to a prep school is still going to be on the table indefinitely until he commits to go to a University in 2017

I agree with this yes.

Seems way too reasonable for a message board for anyone to agree to a logical statement made by another poster on said message board.  :ph34r:  ^_^

Crap I'm sorry. I'll try to remember that for next time. :)  ;)  :P  :D  :lol:  :(  :angry:  :mellow:  :huh:  ^_^  :o  B)  :rolleyes:  -_-  <_<  :wub:  :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:  :ph34r: 

I might have gotten carried away with all the face things.

That made me chuckle, for real. Well done, Red Rum.

By the way, I actually agree with the logical statement.

Question for all the Miles supporters: Does it matter to you at all that this basically ends our chances of signing a kid like Chang-- who is going to be a stud. Arops younger brother-- who is going to be a big time stud-- and other Omaha kids?? And if you say it won't affect those relationships--- you are outside your mind crazy.

Whats wrong with having your 'Nick Fuller' be an instate kid from the best Program in the state who is insanely popular with the top level recruits coming out of that city in the next 2-3 years?? Are we even going to fill his scholarship? Or just carry one over again?

Your sunshine pumping koolaid drinking naive comments are EXACTLY why our program has been trash and will continue to be....

My question is outside of Bruce Chubbick Sr and certain media, are the people directly involved with this truly upset/angered at Miles for this or more just disappointed? Is Arop himself pissed off at Miles or is he more upset/disappointed with the circumstances?

They're pissed.  Really pissed.  The Omaha AAU community is pissed, Chubick and HS coaches are pissed and the Sudanese community is really pissed.  How often do you think Chauncy Billips goes on local talk shows?  As Benning said yesterday (and his kid is in the AAU scene, so he would know), "Miles may never recover (in terms of recruiting) from the Omaha metro over this."  Chubick, who obviously has long ties to the Nebraska program, said all "bridges have been burned" as far as he is concerned.

Omaha has the most sickening superiority complex I have ever seen.  It's all about Omaha.  "He may never recover".  Give me a break.   Yeah, and miss the 3 difference makers in 30 years that comes out of that Creighton cesspool.  "Really pissed".  Well, boo friggin' hoo. 

They're pissed.  Really pissed.  The Omaha AAU community is pissed, Chubick and HS coaches are pissed and the Sudanese community is really pissed.  How often do you think Chauncy Billips goes on local talk shows?  As Benning said yesterday (and his kid is in the AAU scene, so he would know), "Miles may never recover (in terms of recruiting) from the Omaha metro over this."  Chubick, who obviously has long ties to the Nebraska program, said all "bridges have been burned" as far as he is concerned.

Omaha has the most sickening superiority complex I have ever seen.  It's all about Omaha.  "He may never recover".  Give me a break.   Yeah, and miss the 3 difference makers in 30 years that comes out of that Creighton cesspool.  

Lets not lump all of Omaha into this.

Dirk loves him some hyperbole.

Gotta get them clicks, ya know.

They're pissed. Really pissed. The Omaha AAU community is pissed, Chubick and HS coaches are pissed and the Sudanese community is really pissed. How often do you think Chauncy Billips goes on local talk shows? As Benning said yesterday (and his kid is in the AAU scene, so he would know), "Miles may never recover (in terms of recruiting) from the Omaha metro over this." Chubick, who obviously has long ties to the Nebraska program, said all "bridges have been burned" as far as he is concerned.
Ok so they're pissed. Pissed off an entire city which may produce a legit P5 talent once a decade. I think at this point Miles realizes he has to make it without Omaha or not make it at all. Arop wasn't some program changer that was going to carry us over the top. I'm not sure Miles cares or can afford to care that he pissed off the Omaha bball scene. His staffs recruiting has made major headway in other much more talent rich cities such as Chicago. A perceived bad PR move in Bluejayland isn't going to lose him the job, but not winning will. Bottom line, Arop being on the squad next year wasn't going to help him win but another stud recruit may.

This ^ if miles pissed of the Chicago Hoops community or destroyed in roads with the Kansas City community I would be worried, but if he pisses of a few coaches and aau people oh well, the prospects that will get us to the NCAA reside in Chicago, Kansas City, and other areas in the Midwest

He clearly got better... I think/hope a D1 Coach making 2+ Million should be able to evaluate talent/upside better than me... especially with how damn desperate we were/have been for Big guys

But the time that you saw him is the same time Miles would have last been able to see him.  He supposedly got better after the season ended, had an amazing camp at Creighton and they offered him on the spot and he accepted.  What was Miles supposed to go off of?  He was seeing the same film of him not doing anything that you saw in person.  They more than likely would have wanted to see him play in the summer circuit but by that time of improvement he was already in the fold at CU.  

They never went and saw him play-- from Miles himself.. If you think the bottom of our roster is good-- LOL

i don't mind. there isn't much talent in nebraska in the grand scheme of things.

as for fuller, he set high school scoring records in minnesota. he was a better prospect than arop.

Fuller is awful. You need to get that through your head. He has wasted a scholly that could have been given to tre-deon hollis, tee-shawn thurman, or kyrie thomas.... Its really undeniable how bad he is

He clearly got better... I think/hope a D1 Coach making 2+ Million should be able to evaluate talent/upside better than me... especially with how damn desperate we were/have been for Big guys

But the time that you saw him is the same time Miles would have last been able to see him.  He supposedly got better after the season ended, had an amazing camp at Creighton and they offered him on the spot and he accepted.  What was Miles supposed to go off of?  He was seeing the same film of him not doing anything that you saw in person.  They more than likely would have wanted to see him play in the summer circuit but by that time of improvement he was already in the fold at CU.  

They never went and saw him play-- from Miles himself.. If you think the bottom of our roster is good-- LOL

They sure as heck watched film on him and I can guarantee that.  As for the bottom of the roster, where the hell did that come from because that was never once mentioned by me so not sure what tree you're barking at there.

They sure as heck watched film on him and I can guarantee that.  As for the bottom of the roster, where the hell did that come from because that was never once mentioned by me so not sure what tree you're barking at there.

He is grasping.  Section I am still wondering if you will explain (without the childish insults) how White leaving is anything other than a helicopter dad.  I would also love to be in the area when you tell Fuller just how awful he is to his face.

Omaha is not a cesspool and it's not bluejay land. It's where I live. There are more NU grads in Omaha than Creighton.

Miles with either win which will help the relationship and attractiveness of the program or be replaced by someone who can try to buddy up with Omaha AAU.

Where is the long term success with wasting energy to buddy up to the Omaha AAU community it's the same falicy with having to offer Nebraska kids in football just because they're local kids . If they don't help us win long term, why offer so effort, yes once in a decade we have a Chang or may help us or you could have an Agau who still has seen the court for any effective time. Miles needs to win, NU needs to win, neither should take a backseat to appease Omaha or any AAU community in Nebraska you recruit talent, If that talent comes from

Omaha you, and can help you win you recruit him.

Why are people responding to this troll? He is the same obsessed troll that has been around for years. Tom, get a life. For a guy who hates NU so much you sure do spend a lot of timing worrying about us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a chance he wasn't going to qualify and Miles wanted him to go to Prep School in order to hopefully qualify rather than go to JUCO and graduate in two years to end up re-committing here?

Just throwing stuff out there. It's tough business these days, but this does nothing to help us PR wise with in-state coaches and recruits. I guess fortunately for us there's really not a lot to miss in-state for the most part :(

I feel some desperation setting in on Miles's part. I suppose the way the business goes these days coaches always feel a little desperate. I don't like the direction things are heading with this, players leaving, inability to hang on to assistants, etc.

On the flip side of all this I hear from someone on the team that the team feels very good about where they are as a team heading out of summer conditioning. You know, all that talent that Miles pulled in that were freshman last year? Yeah they feel extremely good about the upcoming season and also very good about the incoming freshman that Miles added to their team.

Players leaving? If you mean White then I think it's pretty much been revealed that White's father was much more to blame here and that the departure had way less to do with Miles and/or the program. A player who didn't want to be here leaving the team is a positive in my mind.

Assistants leaving? Up for debate but leaving for a head coaching job isn't a knock on Miles, neither is leaving for an alma mater. Burno was a who-knows but he left to coach with a buddy. And Beckner? Sources close claimed he was "beyond weird" and never a good fit. Michael Lewis is a massive upgrade.

Desperate? I'd name it pressure to win now. That's deserved by Miles but to call it desperation just because he's bailing on an in-state recruit that didn't pan out? That's absurd. I know it's different because Arop is in-state and there's pressure to get and keep those guys when they're good enough. But Miles absolutely cannot afford to bring in a guy that you can't use (que open scholarship gripers). Miles is making that call and you can't really argue with him when he believes he's got better pieces that he can get instead. He's not just cutting a player loose just to cut one loose. He feels like he has a better use for that scholarship.

Agree on all except the White transfer.

It's a positive if he issues the ship on someone talented... To that end, he's left a ship open for the last 2 years... I'd rather have Arop than an open spot.

This ^ if miles pissed of the Chicago Hoops community or destroyed in roads with the Kansas City community I would be worried, but if he pisses of a few coaches and aau people oh well, the prospects that will get us to the NCAA reside in Chicago, Kansas City, and other areas in the Midwest

This x 100

I don't care.

Since you are referencing Sharp and Benning, did you continue to listen to 1620 when Bahe came on? Bahe said that the people that he trusts to evaluate talent that have seen Arop play all say that Arop is clearly not a Power 5 / Big Ten player.

Miles / Nebraska can't take a kid that is "clearly not a Power 5 / Big Ten player". Regardless of how many petty, local "bridges have been burned".

Chubick Sr. never mentioned anything close to 'all bridges have been burned' when he was interviewed for the story in the Omaha World-Herald. Sure, he's disappointed but he said he'd work with Miles again in the future. Arop will be fine, Chubick will be fine, and NU will be fine as well. Much too much 'talk' about a situation that was bound to end in parting of ways, it really was no surprise. This is big-time athletics. And all are grown men, they'll all be good as new once Arop gains his eventual home at Colorado State (educated guess, on my part). No one is losing sleep over this.

Chubick Sr. never mentioned anything close to 'all bridges have been burned' when he was interviewed for the story in the Omaha World-Herald. Sure, he's disappointed but he said he'd work with Miles again in the future. Arop will be fine, Chubick will be fine, and NU will be fine as well. Much too much 'talk' about a situation that was bound to end in parting of ways, it really was no surprise. This is big-time athletics. And all are grown men, they'll all be good as new once Arop gains his eventual home at Colorado State (educated guess, on my part). No one is losing sleep over this.

Unfortunately Chubick Sr. did say on Sharpe and Benning all bridges have been burned and he will not be returning to Lincoln for any Husker basketball games in the future.

He also took an indirect shot at Coach Hunter.

No one that is looking at this rationally.

Unfortunately Chubick Sr. did say on Sharpe and Benning all bridges have been burned and he will not be returning to Lincoln for any Husker basketball games in the future.

Guess he can do what he wants. The offer is still out there for Arop in 2018, so let's just say that Chubick Sr. doesn't like to be "burned".by the delay which wasn't in his plans. To those who have followed this closely from NU's perspective it was surely obvious that the 'numbers game' with wings in Lincoln may preclude somebody down the line. Only so many guys were needed in 2017, and as it looks now, Arop isn't one of 'em..As they say, 'it is what it is.' Hope that Paul White is 'N' soon.

How is Omaha South gonna win the state title if Chub part 1 won't come to Lincoln any more?

How is Omaha South gonna win the state title if Chub part 1 won't come to Lincoln any more?

I see what you did there!

Chubbick Sr. in my opinion is coming off extremely childish in all of this.  I understand you want to protect your players, but nobody is forcing him to go on 1620 or interview with the paper.  Does he not think these things happen all the time?  And as I pointed out earlier, when he pulls a kid from Central, Benson, etc....does he not feel he is screwing over other coaches? Or what about the 700+ kids that bale on the team and transfer every year from all the D1 schools?  Aren't they dicking over the coaches/team?  People can say what they want about burning bridges, at the end of the day if a kid wants to come to NU, he will.  If he doesn't, my guess is he isn't going to say "Well Chubbick Sr. doesn't like Miles, so I better not go there."  They will do what is best for them.