2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

I would have taken: Josh Jones, Antoine Young, Deverell Biggs, Mike Gessell, elliot ellioson, Kyrie Thomas, Justin Patton, Tre-shawn thurman, Tre-deon Hollins, Wes Eikmeier, Mitch Albers, Akoy Agau, & Jesse Carr as roll guys off our bench + 3-5th starters in the past decade alone.... 

Are you aware that Miles coached 3 of those guys or are you just copy and pasting Nick Bahe tweets here out of blind anger?

I would have taken: Josh Jones, Antoine Young, Deverell Biggs, Mike Gessell, elliot ellioson, Kyrie Thomas, Justin Patton, Tre-shawn thurman, Tre-deon Hollins, Wes Eikmeier, Mitch Albers, Akoy Agau, & Jesse Carr as roll guys off our bench + 3-5th starters in the past decade alone.... 

How many of these guys were coming out of high school while Miles was here?  I know at least 1 played for him at CSU.  He tried to recruit Akoy but the bright lights and hookers of Kentucky took him away.  Biggs was here until he proved he could not follow the rules.

he wouldn't have been headed to prep school because he didn't have the required grades or because he was trying to get additional exposure (P5 scholarship offers).

Is there going to be a P5 offer though for 2017? More power to the kid but I'm not sure it happens.

I'd agree, but I think it is fair to point out that Arop's chances of getting such an offer have been substantially lessened because Miles didn't cut him loose until after the AAU season was over.

Miles has done zero outside of a 12 game stretch at the end of one season. If we want to keep wallowing in this year after year he will be around. If we want this turned around, he must go!

Miles must go because we let a 0 star unranked recruit know that he wasn't going to get much time here as there were better prospects?

Or Miles must go because we hurt a few feelings up north?

Or Miles must go because he is getting better out of state talent than instate talent?

Or Miles must go because he has brought the best talent that we have seen in years in?

Or am I missing something?

Miles must go cause were not making any progress on the court-- and his positive impact off the court has diminished. Just lost our best player a month ago cause TM is a dbag... am i missing something?
So I am getting a feeling your not happy with where Nebraska basketball is or is going right now, am I correct?
Haha!

Miles has done zero outside of a 12 game stretch at the end of one season. If we want to keep wallowing in this year after year he will be around. If we want this turned around, he must go!

Miles must go because we let a 0 star unranked recruit know that he wasn't going to get much time here as there were better prospects?

Or Miles must go because we hurt a few feelings up north?

Or Miles must go because he is getting better out of state talent than instate talent?

Or Miles must go because he has brought the best talent that we have seen in years in?

Or am I missing something?

Miles must go cause were not making any progress on the court-- and his positive impact off the court has diminished. Just lost our best player a month ago cause TM is a dbag... am i missing something?

Just the bigger picture. That's all.

Either way if we take Arop he more than likely wouldn't contribute until 3-4 years into his career and you guys (you know who you are) would be crying and complaining, begging for him to transfer and stop wasting a scholarship bc you have no concept of player development. Just like you did with Tai.

Miles made the move he felt was best for the program and I hope it works out for us and best of luck to Arop. Wherever he lands will be lucky to have such a hard working, smart, and good basketball player.

Said it before and will again, Dirkie's writing should do nothing more than go straight to the bottom of the bird cage.  As Classy Freddie Blassie would say, "He's a pencil neck geek"!

You guys are lucky I couldn't find a gif or this could have devolved quickly......

blassie123.jpg

Also I can't remember the last time I've upped and downed soo many posts in the same thread.

To me, it seems pretty reasonable that Nebraska would want him to reclassify to 2018, so he can play his "senior year" of high school at a prep school, before starting his college career at Nebraska...

Maybe Miles should have offered to pay for said extra year of high school.

While I don't like this situation, get the F off a Nebraska board.

I hear there is a sale on enemas at Walgreens. You might also want to try some Colace or magnesium citrate.

Why is everyone saying Miles pulled his scholarship?  He didn't.

Was a scholarship going to be available for Arop in the fall of 2017?  NO!!!  That, by definition, means the scholarship offer had been pulled.

Heck, who is to say that a scholarship would have even been available even if Arop finished a year of prep school?  If the reason that this all went down is because the staff didn't think Arop was good enough, and that seems to be the prevailing theory, it seems likely that Arop wouldn't be good enough after a year of prep school either.  As Chauncy Billips said on 1620, unlike other kids that go the prep school route, he wouldn't have been headed to prep school because he didn't have the required grades or because he was trying to get additional exposure (P5 scholarship offers).

Or the one that is actually the MOST used reason as to why players go those schools, competition.  There are kids that yearly have good grades, have multiple offers, yet still transfer to these schools.  They want to be able to practice more and play the best of the best on a weekly basis.  

All Miles did was tell Arop, that he needed to work on his shooting. Dirk said that Arop would be the rotation today. That is absolutely hysterical. He would be at best 10th on the court. Possibly 11th, with Taylor seeing more time.

He would be ahead of only Malcolm Laws.

Any credibility Dirk had on hoops is totally gone at this point.   Just absurd commentary from him today.  

All Miles did was tell Arop, that he needed to work on his shooting. Dirk said that Arop would be the rotation today. That is absolutely hysterical. He would be at best 10th on the court. Possibly 11th, with Taylor seeing more time.

He would be ahead of only Malcolm Laws.

Any credibility Dirk had on hoops is totally gone at this point.   Just absurd commentary from him today.  

Anyone that gave Dirkie any credibility was not paying attention.

To me, it seems pretty reasonable that Nebraska would want him to reclassify to 2018, so he can play his "senior year" of high school at a prep school, before starting his college career at Nebraska...

Maybe Miles should have offered to pay for said extra year of high school.

While I don't like this situation, get the F off a Nebraska board.

Question for all the Miles supporters: Does it matter to you at all that this basically ends our chances of signing a kid like Chang-- who is going to be a stud. Arops younger brother-- who is going to be a big time stud-- and other Omaha kids?? And if you say it won't affect those relationships--- you are outside your mind crazy. 

Whats wrong with having your 'Nick Fuller' be an instate kid from the best Program in the state who is insanely popular with the top level recruits coming out of that city in the next 2-3 years?? Are we even going to fill his scholarship? Or just carry one over again?

Your sunshine pumping koolaid drinking naive comments are EXACTLY why our program has been trash and will continue to be....