2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

On Sharpe and Benning this morning they said Arop and Nebraska are parting ways.

Well, that's an interesting turn.

I think Nebraska may have cut him loose.  That is the way I took it from listening to Gary and Damon talk about it.  I am ok with it.  I am not sure he was good enough to play in the Big Ten.  

That has been my view since March. If true, not surprising at all.  I am very OK with it.

Unfortunately if true its the nature of the business.  Coaches need to win and win now and it has become common around the country in every sport. It sucks its happening to a local kid but if he isn't where they hoped he would be its what needs to be done for both parties.  While it may hurt for Arop, in basketball today odds are he would have transferred at some point down the line and had to sit a year after being unhappy with his decision.  Now, hopefully with some time he can find a place that may actually be better suited for him if it turns out to be true.

Hope that's not true. I'll wait to hear something more official though as a talk show hosts' job is to do just that: talk.

Well Robin had some info as well that said they are looking at multiple options with him including going to a prep school for a year.

I just heard the podcast and Sharpe and Benning make it sound like all ties are cut. Any chance you can lead me to the Robin Washut info? I haven't seen it on his twitter yet.

Hope that's not true. I'll wait to hear something more official though as a talk show hosts' job is to do just that: talk.

Well Robin had some info as well that said they are looking at multiple options with him including going to a prep school for a year.

I just heard the podcast and Sharpe and Benning make it sound like all ties are cut. Any chance you can lead me to the Robin Washut info? I haven't seen it on his twitter yet.

Rivals. Out of courtesy to Robin posting paid content isn't allowed here.

One problem is scholarships for 2017: If Arop is coming and we sign Paul White this year, that's all of our scholarships for 2017.

Obviously we want Arop as he's in-state but unfortunately he's a redundant player in a team that either needs a post player or a combo guard.

In 2018 we have a lot of scholarships open. Also you have to think that another year prepping ala Kyrie Thomas would certainly help with his development.

I understand that. I am a rivals member and usually he tweets links to his articles (and says whether they are free or not) on twitter but I haven't seen anything about it yet. That's what I was getting at.

I understand that. I am a rivals member and usually he tweets links to his articles (and says whether they are free or not) on twitter but I haven't seen anything about it yet. That's what I was getting at.

I could see why he wouldn't exactly advertise a possible decommit on twitter

One problem is scholarships for 2017: If Arop is coming and we sign Paul White this year, that's all of our scholarships for 2017.

Obviously we want Arop as he's in-state but unfortunately he's a redundant player in a team that either needs a post player or a combo guard.

In 2018 we have a lot of scholarships open. Also you have to think that another year prepping ala Kyrie Thomas would certainly help with his development.

I doubt they go a cycle without signing someone but feel it's possibly Nebraskas easy way of getting him to back out of his commitment because he wants to play next year and not attend a prep school. That gives them another year eval if he does and if he doesn't progress it's your proof it was the best decision for them.

At the end of the day I feel NU has all the cards in this situation.

He has to go prep if he wants serious recruiting exposure. His AAU days are done - and not many evaluators outside the state will take the time to come watch him against Nebraska level competition. This summer was his best chance at getting looked at, but coaches looked at him as 'taken'.

Don't really like any of this after reading Chubick's quote. This is a bush league move by Miles.

I don't think miles did anything wrong. If Miles doesn't see a role for him on the team, why would Arop want to come here?

The kids been committed for how long and you are just recently telling him to go to a prep school for a year?

Don't really like any of this after reading Chubick's quote. This is a bush league move by Miles.

I don't think miles did anything wrong. If Miles doesn't see a role for him on the team, why would Arop want to come here?

The kids been committed for how long and you are just recently telling him to go to a prep school for a year?

he has a full year to find a new school. he is not a big 10 quality player and is still recovering from a serious injury.

Welcome to 2016. I'm recruiting and you have a lot to catch up on. He isn't the first and not nearly the last kid this will ever happen to across the country. Whatever kids coach always comes to their defense and I expect them to do it. It's the nature of the business and while people may not like it they have to accept that it's the way big time sports are now.