2018 SG Aguek Arop -> San Diego St

Dis a pretty big reach rite now. Kid aint got no other offers- no mid majors, no low,majors, nuttin. Seen him play and'd ont understand da rush to offer ritenow.

Hope Miles aint feelin pressured to offer in state kids just cuz dey from Nebraska.

Dis post a reech rite heeya. Seriously the kid was a freshman last season. Outside of the top 50 players in the country most kids don't get offers this early. Lay off the pipe and learn some English because you make Central grads look ignorant.
Agau and Gesell both had lots of offers by dis point and neither of em be top 50 players. Insult me if'n u want, but I don't think Miles need to be the first to offer nobody. We should be better den dat.
Totally not true for either player.
Gesell had offers from Nebraska, Creighton, no. Iowa And Iowa before playing a game in HS.

Akoy had several offers before starting his soph yr.

Arop's first and only offer is Nebraska. UNO aint even offered.

You were correct on Gesell I remembered it was his freshman year but his first, and only offer, came as an 8th grader and the rest came as a freshman. Agau didn't have any high major offers and again not until the start of his sophomore year.

If you want to throw straw man arguments at the top 50 comment, Gesell was #87 and Agau was #89 so its not like they were garbage players. We will see in 3 years how stupid you or I look. My guess is you'll look as stupid as your grammar.

Straw man arguments? You da cat changing the convo from offers for Akoy to high major offers. Akoy absolutely had offers by this pt, so you wrong bout him too. Even if they been mid or low major offers, he had em. Arop on da otha hand aint got no offers before Miles made one.

Dis a pretty big reach rite now. Kid aint got no other offers- no mid majors, no low,majors, nuttin. Seen him play and'd ont understand da rush to offer ritenow.

Hope Miles aint feelin pressured to offer in state kids just cuz dey from Nebraska.

Dis post a reech rite heeya. Seriously the kid was a freshman last season. Outside of the top 50 players in the country most kids don't get offers this early. Lay off the pipe and learn some English because you make Central grads look ignorant.
Agau and Gesell both had lots of offers by dis point and neither of em be top 50 players. Insult me if'n u want, but I don't think Miles need to be the first to offer nobody. We should be better den dat.
Gesell had offers from Nebraska, Creighton, no. Iowa And Iowa before playing a game in HS.

You were correct on Gesell I remembered it was his freshman year but his first, and only offer, came as an 8th grader and the rest came as a freshman. Agau didn't have any high major offers and again not until the start of his sophomore year.

If you want to throw straw man arguments at the top 50 comment, Gesell was #87 and Agau was #89 so its not like they were garbage players. We will see in 3 years how stupid you or I look. My guess is you'll look as stupid as your grammar.

Straw man arguments? You da cat changing the convo from offers for Akoy to high major offers. Akoy absolutely had offers by this pt, so you wrong bout him too. Even if they been mid or low major offers, he had em. Arop on da otha hand aint got no offers before Miles made one.

And yet if Crayton offered you would be on here wondering why Miles let Mcdermott offer first.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the first school to offer. For shizzle?

I go back to my argument that one thing Nebraska is achieving with this offer is the reestablishment of our presence in the city of Omaha.  In the recent past, Creighton has made early offers while the Huskers have laid back.  It seemed that the Omaha kids were part of plan B, C or D.  Part of what Coach Miles may be doing, is reestablishing us as a greater in-state presence.  Not on all kids, but we certainly want the best of the best.

UNO doesn't offer a lot of players that they know will be out of their league. This is the case here. Arop is very good and has tons of time to get better. NU needs to be the first to find its in-state talent and offer. How many times do you hear recruits commit somewhere and say "They were in on me before anyone else was." All the time.

And yet if Crayton offered you would be on here wondering why Miles let Mcdermott offer first.  There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the first school to offer. For shizzle?

This could not be more true with Central. I'd much rather be the first to offer a local HS player before his sophomore season than be the first to offer a kid right before his senior season. If you sit around and wait for everyone else, you run the risk of offending that recruit by being the last ones to jump in.

From my perspective, the Nebrasketball offer to Arop is a spectacularly, and unequivocally, brilliant move--a stroke of genius! Here are a few reasons why:

1. Tim Miles & Co. apparently believe that Arop is the best basketball athlete in Nebraska who played in high school last year--bar none;

2. Aguek Arop is precisely the type of person Tim Miles & Co. want to recruit: B1G-caliber-athlete, high-academic-performer, high-work-ethic and high-character person; and

3. High school players and coaches in Nebraska know who the best players and best prospects are, and this offer provides and rewards a standard of performance and excellence (both on and off the court) to which other prospects can aspire.

Kudos!

And yet if Crayton offered you would be on here wondering why Miles let Mcdermott offer first. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being the first school to offer. For shizzle?

I think they both reaches.

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, Tim Miles leads the way . . . and is miles ahead of everyone else in identifying and pursuing talent.

Not to be THAT GUY, but come on...

Arop is local. If Miles wasn't the first to offer I'd be wondering what we pay him for.

Not sure what the point is here. But it seems somehow pertinent to whatever the point might be that Miles was also the first (but not the only) high major to offer Isaiah Roby--not a local guy.

Spotting is nice.

Now he need a start signing em.

You mean we need to start signing players like Keanu Pindar--his commitment to Nebrasketball has been roundly pooh-poohed because he wasn't getting the light of day from any other high majors and was buried on the depth chart at prep school. But he is now blowing up as a potential recruit for other teams--can't sign him yet because he isn't eligible, but he has committed.

You mean we need to start signing players like Tarin Smith, who flew under the high-major recruiting radar, except for Nebraska's, and is now proving to be an excellent catch--he is signed and here.

You mean we need to start signing players like Michael Jacobson, who seemed to fly under everyone's radar, until he committed to Nebraska, when the likes of Iowa then tried to get into the mix--he has committed.

Aguek Arop received an offer. Some on this board suggested the Husker offer was premature. Now the grief is that he hasn't committed yet?

Spotting is nice.

Now he need a start signing em.

You mean we need to start signing players like Keanu Pindar--his commitment to Nebrasketball has been roundly pooh-poohed because he wasn't getting the light of day from any other high majors and was buried on the depth chart at prep school. But he is now blowing up as a potential recruit for other teams--can't sign him yet because he isn't eligible, but he has committed.

You mean we need to start signing players like Tarin Smith, who flew under the high-major recruiting radar, except for Nebraska's, and is now proving to be an excellent catch--he is signed and here.

You mean we need to start signing players like Michael Jacobson, who seemed to fly under everyone's radar, until he committed to Nebraska, when the likes of Iowa then tried to get into the mix--he has committed.

Aguek Arop received an offer. Some on this board suggested the Husker offer was premature. Now the grief is that he hasn't committed yet?

+10000

Please explain to me the reason for recruiting this early. A lot can happen between now and when he graduates. Three years from now he decides to go elsewhere, or becomes involved with drugs, or whatever, have we not reduced the chances of recruiting another good player because they have all committed to other schools?

Frog, the players of today are about trust. The coaches have to build relationships Nebraska isn't like Duke, Kansas and the Arizona Wildcats of the world where the kids want to come to. Miles is great at finding the hidden talent before others and that's why we have more top players giving us a look.