2015 C Mike Edwards

hhcmatt

Thanks for the vids, MichHusker.

No offense, but whoever did the filming in 2010 was pretty bad.  And so was Sam Ozier.  Flat-footed on D, and kind of stood around watching a lot.  Horrible hands.  I can see why he didn't do very well in college.  That backdoor oop play they tried to run at the beginning of the 2nd vid was comical.

Honestly for being as late as it is in the 2015 cycle, Mike Edwards might not be a bad get. Especially if we have an open unused scholarship. But only if he has a tremendous work ethic and is very coachable, Cuz he has a lot of work to do to be a big 10 center. Supposedly he didn't start playing basketball till the 7th grade...

seems pretty similar to Jake hammond in size and skills, and hammond was a top 150 player at one time.

Mmmm, I don't know that I've seen film of Jacob showing the kind of athleticism this kid shows.  This kid gets up and down the floor.  Runs the floor very fast in those videos.  He's also overall just stronger with the ball than what I saw of Jacob Hammond.  I think there's a reason Jacob fell out of the Rivals 150.

at second glance, he does seem a bit more explosive than hammond. similar body types though.

Kinda like Rich King going off for 40 points against some, like, Eastern Illinois team whose tallest player was shorter than your wife.

Norm, I hope you will forgive me for being historically anal, I realize this wasn't the main point of your post.  But it's ironic you brought up Rich King's 40 point performance.

It was actually against Northern Illinois - not Eastern Illinois.  And in fact, it was a very good Northern Illinois team.  Oh, and by the way, look who was coaching Northern Illinois per below.

As a guy who prides himself of remembering to reference past items consider me impressed.

According to Verbal Commits we offered him today

He also received an offer from Georgia this week.

Here is an article on him from Detroit dated two days ago: http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/high-school/2015/03/12/recruiting-john-glenns-mike-edwards-a-rising-star/70238056/

This article says he is 6' 10" and gained 10 pounds to 217. Here is a portion of the article:

Edwards, whose father by the same name played football for Michigan State in the late 1980s, has now received multiple offers, including some from SEC and Big Ten schools.

"Georgia's head coach (Mark Fox) watched him play Thursday (March 5), then sent his assistant to Monday's (Class A district opener) game and that's when they offered," Watts said. "Nebraska's assistant (Jim Molinari) was at Monday's game, too."

Edwards has offers from Georgia, Boston College, Eastern Michigan, Detroit, Cleveland State and Loyola-Marymount, and is being looked at by such schools as Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Iowa, Arkansas, Butler, UTEP and SMU.

does this offer mean petteway is gone?

or is it tai, jake, or nick?

I don't think miles makes this offer without being close to 100% sure someone is leaving.

It possible.  Or it could also be possible Jack Mcveigh doesn't end up here either since he is only a verbal.  Pure conjecture on my part.

It is what it is, but I kind of abhor the who is staying and who may leave discussions.  Just seems to be shots in the dark for the most part.  That said, there is a part of me that thinks that the indivdiual who may choose to leave isn't mentioned that often.  But...we will likely find out the answer(s) within the next two to six weeks.