2015 C Mike Edwards

hhcmatt

Us looking at 2015 kids at this moment makes one wonder if we are anticipating turnover in the next few weeks.

It was subtle but I thought it was hinted at by the Big Guy himself on his postgame radio show last night.  Would need to play the transcript to get the exact phrasing but it was alluded to. 

I would be pretty shocked if one or more underclassmen did NOT leave the program at year end.  It happens almost every year.

Guys leave for all kinds of reason. didn't 400+ guys change schools last year? So even though I hate it if you feel like you have to go you have to go.

There are roughly 350 Div. 1 teams, so that's an average of 1.2 players leaving each team.

...sorry, here is the second video.

Wow.

I'm kind of surprised that a kid with those attributes is still available.  I cannot find a Rivals page for him.  According to Verbal Commits, he's 6'9" and 225#.

Some observations about the video:

1.  The kid is extremely mobile at that size.  Very athletic for that size.

2.  Good, soft hands, was able to reach down and grab low bounce passes on screen and rolls.

3.  Speaking of which, the kid knows how to make a basket cut on a screen and roll!!! 

4.  Loved his attitude.  Towards the end of the clip, there's a little bumping going on after he makes a play.  He doesn't back down from it.  You need a center with a little bit of nasty in him.

5.  Showed some pretty good ability to handle the ball and drive.

SIGN THIS KID UP!!!

He just had a 25 and 21 game against HS competition in his home state of Michigan.  Now has a Georgia offer. 

Saying it now:  I'm frankly more impressed by what I've seen out of this kid than any film I've seen of the Patton kid from Omaha.  Just sayin'.

They have kudzu down in Georgia!

fffuuuuuu.png

Dammit, and I was just starting to think about getting excited about this kid too...

A lot of work to do in order to play at the Big Ten level...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtL2NmQjnw0

He looks better in this scrimmage

I would hope he had a lot of work to do to play in the Big Ten back in 2012 when that video was uploaded to Youtube.  Now that he has had 3 years to get bigger, taller, and stronger I am hopeful that has changed should NU throw their hat in the ring.

C'mon, people, tell me you're not impressed with and intrigued by this kid.

Miles likes a big man who can take it to the hoop off the bounce.  Watch this kid's video.  He has that ability.

I see more ability in him right now than I saw out of Brandon Ubel's HS highlights.  And we'd all take a Ubel right now.  And Brandon was a contributor for us right away as a freshman.

Don't know why this kid is only just now heating up but it doesn't matter.  Look at the tape.  He's extremely mobile for a HS kid that size.  He's strong and aggressive.  I think there's a lot to like.

This is honestly one of the best big prospects I've seen us involved with for the 2015 class.  Maybe the best.

A lot of work to do in order to play at the Big Ten level...

He looks better in this scrimmage

I would hope he had a lot of work to do to play in the Big Ten back in 2012 when that video was uploaded to Youtube.  Now that he has had 3 years to get bigger, taller, and stronger I am hopeful that has changed should NU throw their hat in the ring.

NU should throw their hat in the ring.

Kamdy, do you know what his story is?  Why is he starting to blow up now?

Apparently he had a strong AAU summer.  He has an impressive combination of size and athleticism.  And he looks pretty skilled.  Especially for a big man.

Why does he not have a Rivals page?  He had D1 offers before the start of this season and some majors who came to take a look, including Michigan and Iowa State.  But I couldn't find a Rivals page on him and Verbal Commits lists him as a consensus 2*.

Do you know what's up?  Grades an issue?

What size school is this? Only negative I see is that he is a foot taller and about 90 pounds bigger than anybody else, but yeah if somebody is leaving he would be a nice addition.

Don't think I would ask anybody to leave just to get him here.

What size school is this? Only negative I see is that he is a foot taller and about 90 pounds bigger than anybody else, but yeah if somebody is leaving he would be a nice addition.

Don't think I would ask anybody to leave just to get him here.

He plays in the largest class in the state of Michigan, Class A (then class B, C, and so on...)