"Free" Runzas

It annoys the crap out of me when the announcer says "RUNZASSS!"  It really annoys me that he hasn't said it very much this year (but that is not what this thread is about).

The announcer is essentially perpetuating the myth of a free Runza.  

IF the team score 65 than the deal is you pay $2.17 for fries and $1.79 and you then get a "free" Runza.  Paying $4.34 after tax isn't exactly a free Runza.  Especially when you consider you get $1 off a combo meal if we don't score 65.  It is a relatively meaningless promotion.

There for, I think the announcer should say "SLIGHTLY DISCOUNTED RUNZA COMBO MEAL" when we get to 65.

Do you guys agree?

Definitely do not agree.   I love it when Doc says "Ruuuunnnzasss"!     Uniquely Nebraska.   Something iconic to look forward to. And he doesn't say "free Runzas" he just says "Runzas" in a cool way.   

AS for the rest of it--well, just maybe you're overthinking it.... ;)

Given that they flipped the promotion from defense to offense it serves as meaningless symbol of anticipation instead of dread. It's so much more fun to attempt to score more points than to sit and dread the other team doesn't score. It honestly makes the game experience just a fraction better.

The length and tone of Doc's Ruuuunza typically reflects the tenor of the game.  If it wasn't Runza, it would be some other company with some other equally trivial promotion. Runza: we're the trivial promotion that includes cabbage.

I'm just not a fan of the PA announcer in the first place so I guess that means I don't like it when he yells Runzas.

Totally agree.  I hate when he announces before the tipoff "Now let's play Big Red Basketball".  That is so lame

He could say "Now let's play hockey!!!" but that wouldn't make any sense.  I think "Now let's play Big Red Basketball" is better.

I'm just not a fan of the PA announcer in the first place so I guess that means I don't like it when he yells Runzas.

Totally agree.  I hate when he announces before the tipoff "Now let's play Big Red Basketball".  That is so lame

He could say "Now let's play hockey!!!" but that wouldn't make any sense.  I think "Now let's play Big Red Basketball" is better.

I'd like to hear him say "Now let's play Kentucky basketball!!!"  because that's a type of basketball that seems to win an awful lot these days.

It annoys the crap out of me when the announcer says "RUNZASSS!"  It really annoys me that he hasn't said it very much this year (but that is not what this thread is about).

The announcer is essentially perpetuating the myth of a free Runza.  

IF the team score 65 than the deal is you pay $2.17 for fries and $1.79 and you then get a "free" Runza.  Paying $4.34 after tax isn't exactly a free Runza.  Especially when you consider you get $1 off a combo meal if we don't score 65.  It is a relatively meaningless promotion.

There for, I think the announcer should say "SLIGHTLY DISCOUNTED RUNZA COMBO MEAL" when we get to 65.

Do you guys agree?

Haven't you taken an economics class? There's no such thing as "free lunch" ;)

The cute or cute the guy announcing comments come from the it's all the show now.  Part of todays generation (whatever they are called now)

Loud is good, traditions are bad, it's okay to run up the score, trash talking and traveling are just part of the game.

AND for the record, free or not, I may have to talk MrsCH into making some homemade RUNZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

The cute or cute the guy announcing comments come from the it's all the show now.  Part of todays generation (whatever they are called now)

Loud is good, traditions are bad, it's okay to run up the score, trash talking and traveling are just part of the game.

AND for the record, free or not, I may have to talk MrsCH into making some homemade RUNZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS

So your saying you scored huh?:)