Nebraska (13-14 5-10 11th) vs The Ohio St. (19-8 8-6 6th) Game Thread

Bugeaters1

Can we just start white morrow Watson mcveigh and Jacobsen next year.... holy smokes... I am gunna laugh when some of these ppl getting significant minutesThis year don't see playing time next year

White will start for sure. Watson and Morrow could easily start.

i don't know enough about mcveigh and jacobson, but i doubt they will be able to start

We just need shooters.  If White can shoot, we will be a totally different team.  Also, if Tarin can continue to shoot like tonight, it makes us a better team.  We need teams to be guarding all 5 players.  It will allow Terran and Shavon to get to the rim, and eventually to the line.

Can we just start white morrow Watson mcveigh and Jacobsen next year.... holy smokes... I am gunna laugh when some of these ppl getting significant minutesThis year don't see playing time next year

i don't know enough about mcveigh and jacobson, but i doubt they will be able to start

We just need shooters.  If White can shoot, we will be a totally different team.  Also, if Tarin can continue to shoot like tonight, it makes us a better team.  We need teams to be guarding all 5 players.  It will allow Terran and Shavon to get to the rim, and eventually to the line.

Shooter/scorers & rebounders. But, yeah, totally agree.

I don't even know if they have to be a "scorer"  We'll have those guys if Terran comes back.  They will even be much better "scorers" with the threat of a player who can make 35% + of his 3's. 

Auroran you forgot ball handlers and assists on your list.  Time to start over, we are so lacking.

I don't even know if they have to be a "scorer"  We'll have those guys if Terran comes back.  They will even be much better "scorers" with the threat of a player who can make 35% + of his 3's. 

What I mean by shooter/scorers is a guy who has a knack for getting the ball in the basket. Not always a spot-up shooter, but could be in addition to all-around offensive moxie. Think Shavon with a jump shot!

Auroran you forgot ball handlers and assists on your list.  Time to start over, we are so lacking.

Personally, I think Tarin Smith & Glynn Watson can handle the rock well enough at the PG spot. If they both can score a bit & assist a lot that would be a welcome combo!

Personally, I think Tarin Smith & Glynn Watson can handle the rock well enough at the PG spot. If they both can score a bit & assist a lot that would be a welcome combo!

I hope you're right, watching the passing tonight was painful

I thought our defense was terrible tonight They got any shot they wanted. They were just toying with us. Also, does our team not know how to set a pick. They run up and look like they want to set the pick but they not only do not know how to set it but instead of rolling toward the basket they run sideways. I am totally befuddled by a lack of effort and team mechanics. They have given up as far as what I see. I was hoping for better next year but with the lack of fundamentals I will have to downgrade my optimism . There really needs to be some real soul-searching to change what happened this year. I am a big red fan but this is really very hard to take.

I hope you're right, watching the passing tonight was painful

Check this out, col: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12379592

If we continue to not have a post presence we will find it tough to win in the Big Ten. At this point I don't see Miles finding that guy for next year.

You can win without a post presence (look at us last year).  You can't win without a shooter AND a post presence (like this year).  You have to have one or the other for sure.  I'm not going to say I don't want both, but you can live without one of them.  I would like a rim protector and a glass cleaner.  That would be great. 

If we continue to not have a post presence we will find it tough to win in the Big Ten. At this point I don't see Miles finding that guy for next year.

You can win without a post presence (look at us last year).  You can't win without a shooter AND a post presence (like this year).  You have to have one or the other for sure.  I'm not going to say I don't want both, but you can live without one of them.  I would like a rim protector and a glass cleaner.  That would be great. 

Please let that rim protector be a player more skilled than Moses, bless his heart. Moses tries, but he's not terribly gifted basketball-wise... there has to be either a JUCO or grad transfer that could fill that role a bit better than Moses, right?!?

Please let that rim protector be a player more skilled than Moses, bless his heart. Moses tries, but he's not terribly gifted basketball-wise... there has to be either a JUCO or grad transfer that could fill that role a bit better than Moses, right?!?

I thought Moses would be that guy, but he isn't.  Now, I see why he was getting so little minutes at Georgetown.  I thought with the returning players that getting some defense out of him would be all we needed.  He just isn't very gifted as you say.

Nope, just asking. You seem to point out any bad game he has. Didn't know if it was a personal thing against him or just an observation.

Nope, I wouldn't trade him for many players. Just joking around because Phil Jackson was in the arena and while I'm sure he wasn't there for Terran I can't imagine he was terribly impressed. Very good college player...I just don't see how his game translates to the nba right now.

Nope, just asking. You seem to point out any bad game he has. Didn't know if it was a personal thing against him or just an observation.

Nope, I wouldn't trade him for many players. Just joking around because Phil Jackson was in the arena and while I'm sure he wasn't there for Terran I can't imagine he was terribly impressed. Very good college player...I just don't see how his game translates to the nba right now.

Gotcha. He does need to improve some facets of his game for sure. Getting to his left is probably one of his biggest things to get better at, especially off ball screens.

Gotcha. He does need to improve some facets of his game for sure. Getting to his left is probably one of his biggest things to get better at, especially off ball screens.

Putting the ball in the basket on a more regular basis is right up there on the work list too.  He will not be a teams shooter unless he figures this out soon.

Well, I think you can cross off the Knicks as a potential franchise drafting Petteway.

Do you hAve something against Petteway?
No, do you?
He doesn't have a problem with TP, just the whole team. Go back and look at some of the other game threads and you will see a for yourself.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk