"Marquee" win

rwmctrofholz

I will go a little bit rogue and actually choose Florida State in the Big Ten/ACC challenge.  It was on the road and soon after the Rhode Island loss.  Looking back, it may not have been that big of a deal, but it seemed to me to be a big deal at that time.  Of course we then lost back to back games at home...sooooo.

The fact that in tourney watch for Sparty that nebraska is listed as a "bad loss" is enough to show its a good win for us. That doesn't necessarily make me feel good about us, and seems to reveal our level of innate paupery and cellar-dwelling inferiority...sigh. But a marquee win nonetheless.

Crazy part is that Nebraska is unbeaten against MSU the last two years... Does Maryland's squeaker vs NU count as a 'bad' win???  Personally, I don't consider "road losses in conference" as bad losses unless there is a great disparity between the two teams in the rankings. Now, losing at home to a team playing poorly, that loss would DEFINITELY be a bad loss