2015-2016 Season Tickets

aksarben

I went back and found that the season ticket renewal rate from last year to this year was 97 percent, as reported by Rosenthal. Just given the stark contrast in results between the two seasons (especially at home), I think a renewal rate of under 90 percent is certainly possible for next year.

Bump. Given the happenings over the last couple days, I suspect this to be even more true.

I went back and found that the season ticket renewal rate from last year to this year was 97 percent, as reported by Rosenthal. Just given the stark contrast in results between the two seasons (especially at home), I think a renewal rate of under 90 percent is certainly possible for next year.

Bump. Given the happenings over the last couple days, I suspect this to be even more true.

That's fine, but I tried to pick up a couple of extra 100 level seats before last season, the response from the athletic department was over 500 priority points would be needed to request 100 level. That much demand isn't just going away in one year.

That's fine, but I tried to pick up a couple of extra 100 level seats before last season, the response from the athletic department was over 500 priority points would be needed to request 100 level. That much demand isn't just going away in one year.
Whoa. That is very surprising to me. 500 priority points is WAY up there.

Just looked up the information for relocations for 2014-2015 tickets -

200 Level - 140 priority points

100 Level - 502 priority points

These numbers (required priority points) will increase just by virtue of the fact that individuals in those levels will likely renew and make the associated donations required for those seating levels. In addition it is possible though perhaps not likely that NU could expand the number of seating sections in the 200 level that require a donation. Currently the only sections requiring a donation are in the three sections that are "square" with the floor on both sides of the arena.

These numbers (required priority points) will increase just by virtue of the fact that individuals in those levels will likely renew and make the associated donations required for those seating levels. In addition it is possible though perhaps not likely that NU could expand the number of seating sections in the 200 level that require a donation. Currently the only sections requiring a donation are in the three sections that are "square" with the floor on both sides of the arena.

In my opinion, it's very, very doubtful that the Athletic Department will increase cost in any way (either donation or ticket price) after the performance of this season. They understand the value of it being a full house every night.

In my opinion, it's very, very doubtful that the Athletic Department will increase cost in any way (either donation or ticket price) after the performance of this season. They understand the value of it being a full house every night.

Either way...it does more harm than good to the Arena..and the city who pretty much have to pay the University to have the basketball teams appear there. Love the arena...love the Huskers...hate the deal between the two.

Either way...it does more harm than good to the Arena..and the city who pretty much have to pay the University to have the basketball teams appear there. Love the arena...love the Huskers...hate the deal between the two.

Since I live in Omaha, the finances of Lincoln's district have not been studied by me.

Yet, the whole project is amazing and a long term benefit to Lincoln in my detached view. 

I would love to hear everybody with knowledge state why the project was a gift to the city/university/whoever (depending on your point of view).

I think Lincoln, in any event transformed itself into a much more dynamic town.

When Omaha had that same opportunity, they gave the riverfront to ConAgra, Rick's Boatyard Cafe (Hal Daub, part owner, "reportedly" without investing) and the US Department of Parks!   Real riverfront magnets and people attracters...all of them!

OMAHA, was suggested then to be the city of bribery! (some say...but, of course, not me.)  But I speak the truth when I tell you some people thought it was true!  

Don't ever ask me about when the cable companies came to town.

The price tag will be the increase in your property taxes.  The occupational tax proceeds were 10 million the first year.  This needs to double to 20 million in 6 years and continue for 20 years or so to pay off that nice fancy car the salesperson talked us into.  That means that double the amount of spending from what happened the first year with all its newness and coolness.  Personally, I do not think this is going to happen.  I do not see double the amount of food being sold and double the amount of people staying in hotels.  Call me crazy.  I saw a lot of people's property values went up 20,000 or so per house in my neighborhood for this coming year.  That amounts to maybe $400 more in property taxes per house.  Mine went up 80,000 and I do not live in a mansion.  Property taxes in Lincoln are already very high and will probably get much higher in the coming years.  It is true that the Haymarket area is getting a nice facelift, but someone has to pay for it.  I am a little frustrated as the line was that property taxes would not rise to pay for it.  I believe that is untrue and you will see it in the coming years as many are already seeing.  Just like a new car, the coolness factor wears off soon and then you realize you are stuck with a bill for a number of years to pay for it.

The price tag will be the increase in your property taxes.

I'm actually paying for a traffic referendum and two stadiums right now. But every time I fly back to go visit Lincoln, I'm amazed by how much it has developed in terms of entertainment, dining, and entrepreneurship. A good portion of this growth is contributed indirectly from the Railyard/PBA/Downtown Lincoln Association projects.

Since I live in Omaha, the finances of Lincoln's district have not been studied by me.

Yet, the whole project is amazing and a long term benefit to Lincoln in my detached view. 

I would love to hear everybody with knowledge state why the project was a gift to the city/university/whoever (depending on your point of view).

I think Lincoln, in any event transformed itself into a much more dynamic town.

(Knowledgeble? Sorry, not me.)

I don't live in Lincoln so not paying any property taxes there, nor am I knowledgeable about PBA or its finances, but let's think about this for a minute!

It seems to me that if current occupancy revenues are $10 million, and it takes $20 million to support/repay the debt incurred; that would mean city property taxes would be needed to fund the debt service shortfall in the interim.

It does not seem unreasonable to me that revenues could double in six years, because of increased attraction of people to the area for all the various PBA events (Inflation alone should serve to increase revenues a lot over that period of time).  But, even if it were to take, say, 10 years to double; revenues will not plateau at 10 years, but continue increasing in the future.  Any revenue over that required by the debt service would be a direct benefit to the city.

I don't know what the alternatives were?  Have the University construct a new Arena for Basketball/other Sporting Events; funded by State taxes?  In this case, how would the University (that invested the funds), benefit from the increased population/business drawn to the area by its new arena (other than ticket/direct sales from a likely underutilized venue)?

A 'new car' does not seem like a good analogy.  Unlike a new car that generates no new revenues and begins depreciating the moment you drive it off the lot, the PBA starts generating revenues for itself and for the surrounding area after it opens.

Just something to think about.  :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

If I'm looking at my huskers.com account correctly, season ticket renewals are up. Do we have 19 home games (including exhibition) instead of 17 this year? If so, then the 200 level ticket prices remained the same. Last year I paid $423 for 17 home games (two seats), and this year they are asking $471.

$423 in 2014-15 = 17 games * $12 per game * 2 seats + $15 order charge

$471 in 2015-16 = (19 games???) * $12 per game * 2 seats + $15 order charge

If I'm looking at my huskers.com account correctly, season ticket renewals are up. Do we have 19 home games (including exhibition) instead of 17 this year? If so, then the 200 level ticket prices remained the same. Last year I paid $423 for 17 home games (two seats), and this year they are asking $471.

$423 in 2014-15 = 17 games * $12 per game * 2 seats + $15 order charge

$471 in 2015-16 = (19 games???) * $12 per game * 2 seats + $15 order charge

The more important question, as I see it, is how much are we paying per foul called by anyone named Eades?

Renewed mine.  I noticed they added the seat yourself upgrade process to basketball this year.  Anybody have any experience?

I've used Seat Yourself for football. Very slick and very easy.

Can you explain what this?  I clicked this from the pull down menu when I just renewed mine but now what?

Presumably, wait until the renewal deadline passes, then you'll be given a time (date?) probably via email I suppose? to log into the seat upgrade site based on priority points (bigger donors get earlier dates) and can see if you can't find a seat you'd rather have...

But I'm only guessing here.

Renewed mine.  I noticed they added the seat yourself upgrade process to basketball this year.  Anybody have any experience?

I've used Seat Yourself for football. Very slick and very easy.

Can you explain what this?  I clicked this from the pull down menu when I just renewed mine but now what?

Presumably, wait until the renewal deadline passes, then you'll be given a time (date?) probably via email I suppose? to log into the seat upgrade site based on priority points (bigger donors get earlier dates) and can see if you can't find a seat you'd rather have...

But I'm only guessing here.

Yep, nailed it.

Information on "Seat Yourself" is included with the invoice that will be mailed to you. Total number of lifetime priority points is the first priority in the system of "Seat Yourself", then basketball specific donations, number of years you've had tickets etc. Seat Yourself process begins August 24th and runs for one week.

I used the seat yourself process for Vball and it was pretty sweet.  I wasn't able to upgrade but like they are going to this instead of trying to call or just put your preference down on the form.  This way, it's fair for everyone.  Only drawback is they let the people with more donor priority points go first but overall, that is probably fair.

• 1 month later...

Information on "Seat Yourself" is included with the invoice that will be mailed to you. Total number of lifetime priority points is the first priority in the system of "Seat Yourself", then basketball specific donations, number of years you've had tickets etc. Seat Yourself process begins August 24th and runs for one week.

Anyone get notification of Seat Yourself time slot yet?