Minnesota over Iowa

Fastbreaker

Minnesota beat Iowa tonight, which makes a top four finish for us a hard row to how. Minnesota's big center, Amanda Z had 39 points and 29 rebounds. She is going to be a load next week.

Zahui took 31 shots, all from point blank range, I'm sure. You'd hope she'd score at least 30. 

Iowa's now gone to a style it basically gives up the defensive rebound if Doolittle can't get it. 

Minnesota also had 6 total fouls in the entire game........ 6! 

3 in first half (13:38, 10:23, 8:09) and 3 in the second half (9:20, 8:55, 4:20).

To be fair, Iowa only had 13 fouls....  looks like the refs completely swallowed their whistles in this one.....

Actually, neither team fouled much, as neither team played much defense.

Bad thing is Zahui B is just a sophomore and will continue to get better and more consistent.  Minnesota will be tough next year with the return of Banham.

completely agree. i think Maryland will be the favorite once again, but, the two teams i think have a very good chance to be right behind them will be OSU and Minnesota. will be too many questions going into the season for the huskers.

Illinois will also be better, and occasionally Indiana has done a decent job considering they are mostly freshman and sophomores.  It's good to see, though, because in recent history the Big 10 hasn't been so stellar in women's basketball, with just a few teams at the top looking pretty good and the rest pretty much meh.  Now it seems like the whole conference is getting a lot better, and not just because of the addition of Rutgers and Maryland, but maybe as needed to try and be competitive with those two teams.  It's exciting to see and I'm hoping the Huskers will have a good youth movement the next couple of years so that we can hang with those top teams. 

Minnesota beat Iowa tonight, which makes a top four finish for us a hard row to how. Minnesota's big center, Amanda Z had 39 points and 29 rebounds. She is going to be a load next week.

I was thinking it might be better for our team development if we can finish 5th. We would have the best draw in the first two rounds which could allow coach Yori to freely sub her players if she wanted to. Could even see a Kalenta sighting if she wants to keep the players fresh for the third round. Even if we end up the fourth seed, the odds are not very good for us winning the tournament.